How to teach a child to clean up after an 8 concrete steps

At first, you try to ignore it. But sooner or later in your home a long and painful war for a clean room to be announced. I'm not exaggerating - if the advance does not take action, teaching a child to clean up after a toy can result unless no bloodshed Website publish post Ruth Sukep -. Guru order and reasonable expenses, columnist of New York Times writer , wife and mother of two children. Ruth leads a blog dedicated to the order: order in the head, in finance, in relationships ... and in children's rooms! So ...

Be prepared for tears, threats, bargaining, excuses, demands something in return, and promises to do everything later. Many times you will want to throw in the towel and very spread out toys on the shelves. I've lost count how often my husband - our family peacemaker - asking whether it's all worth it. "They're just children - one 3, the other - 6. Do you think that you demand too much from them?»

But I did not give up. < If I'm not going to expect more from them, who will? Sooner or later, my kids tell me thank you for it. So I reasoned.

The battle lasted for several months. Several times I have spent literally hours to get their way. But now, after almost a year, I know I can restrict the words "Please tidy in your room," and my request is granted. From all this I myself made a few lessons.

Show primerBylo be strange to expect from the child cleanliness, if I had not made efforts to keep the house clean. Of course, the house is not always perfect order, but I regularly spend enough time to make it clean and comfortable in it. My girls can see how I get out, almost every day, and sometimes even help me with this. Our rule -. To make sure that every morning began with the order in the apartment

Be posledovatelnyChasto the evening we were so tired that we do not have sufficient strength for cleaning. But every morning, we start with the fact that clean up after themselves. Even in those days, when we really do not want. Even if we have a lot of other things. Even if there is so much going on. Good or bad, but it has already become a habit with us. I think someday my girls will do it without hesitation. So far, however, we need to remind them. But what is important: it is the day we begin with the cleaning. They and I. This is the key to solving the problem. It would be easier to remove all of itself, as long as they have watched TV. But I never do their work for them.

Be reshitelnyEto means that the answer is "No" is not accepted under any circumstances. My children every day, learn to make one simple thing - as long as they are children, they have to listen to me. They understand that I'm waiting for them to perform the work which I have asked them to do, no more and no less. From the first time, no disputes, complaints and excuses. . We've got no democracy, no negotiations

Get rid of unnecessary clean vescheyPoprobuyte - the attic, the garage ... - part of their toys, as I did this past summer. You can not imagine how the children themselves become easier after this live. But children - like magnets, they seem to attract new toys, parts, pieces of paper, and it all adds up over and over again. Therefore, discarding unnecessary, it is helpful to be a little cynical. Any piece of paper and debris must be disposed of in general almost immediately (when the kids do not see it).

Tidy things should be legkoMoim girls to get out is very simple, because everyone in the room has their own "house". Clothes hanging low enough that they can hang it yourself, toys and games, each "attributed" to his shelf or box.

Let it be veseloPriznayus, cleaning is not always fun. But we must try to make the process fascinated children. For example, arrange a competition: who quickly retracts - kids in my room, or my mother in the rest of the apartment. Or turn on the music, so you can collect the toys and dance.

Share sovetomDeti do not always understand what they want from adults. Explain what you mean when you ask for clean up. I showed her daughters how to hang clothes, put pajamas, how to check whether things are soiled. Together we learned how to "scan" the room for stale at the corners of toys to check if something is under the bed is not the sunset. I showed them where to put trash and dirty dishes that should not be left in their room. However, they still resist my request to lay a bed.

Be taktichnostNikogda do not expect children ideal order. Even if they tried very hard. When I ask them to do something, I expect them to do will make every effort, but the result might not be as if this business came from myself. On the contrary, if the coca-day, they tidied better than usual, they should be commended for it.

Livingwellspendingless.com source translation Pumbr.ru

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting