"I give my life into your hands. More I can not give "

Life of Nicholas II, the last Russian Emperor, was tragic. At the same time it was all riddled with true love, which can only dream of.

Nicholas and Alexandra met at the ball, and at first sight fell in love. They managed to create a strong family, which was dominated by respect and affection. Their love story is like a honeymoon in 23-year-long.

The couple were lovers and in sorrow and in joy and together overcome the hardest test of fate. Historians have known for more than 700 letters, which reflect the gentle relationship to each other the Emperor and Empress.

< Website to publish your selections from this touching correspondence the two great men of the past, which for each other were simply Alix and Nicky.

Alexander. May 1894, Windsor Castle, "" wife "- as strange it sounds. I still can not imagine that the old owl will be yours! If only she was worthy, and you could do to help and comfort. But she would do everything in her power. & Lt; ... & gt;

Love - this is the only thing on earth that we never lose It's like a cold river, which becomes wider and deeper, closer to the sea, and that. green makes all the fields. Where it occurs, bloom beautiful flowers. Once upon a time it flowed through heaven, and it was called the River of Life.

Yes, indeed, love - this is the greatest good on earth. And worthy of pity, one who does not know her. But I have to hurry. & Lt; ... & gt; Good-bye, my favorite. My dear true best of the inhabitants of the earth.

God bless you now and forever. Many tender kisses from ever loving

Alix. »

Nicholas. August 1894, Red Village "Honey,

I do not think me stupid, but I can not start a single letter, not repeating that constantly feel and what I think I love you, I love you. Oh, dear, what is the force that ever made me your prisoner?

< I have nothing I can not think, but you, my dear, and I put my life in your hands, the more I I can not give. above my love, every drop of it, you have the full power!

Although we are apart, but our hearts and thoughts are the same, is not it, dear? Oh, my Aliki, if you only knew how much happiness you gave me, you would be happy and nothing would have disturbed the peace of your heart. As much as I wanted to be next to you, whispering in your ear gentle words of love and comfort. & Lt; ... & gt;

And, my dear, please always write to me if you need to know something. Talk openly and frankly. Never be afraid to tell me anything you want. We need to know everything about each other and always help each other, because the truth, dear

& lt;? ... & Gt; With the hottest love and kisses, I remain your loyal and deeply loving Nicky. God bless you. »

Alexander. September 1914, Tsarskoye Selo "From selfish point of view I'm afraid I suffer from this separation. We're not used to it, and I love my infinitely precious, sweet boy. < For almost twenty years, I belong to you, and what bliss it was to your little wife!

My love, my telegram may not be very hot, as they pass through so many hands of the military, but you will read between the lines of all my love and longing for you.

My fervent prayers follow you day and night. May the Lord protect you, let it protects, manages and leads you, and bring you healthy and strong home. I bless and love you as rarely ever loved someone, the whole of each road place, gently press you to my heart.

Forever your wife. The image will lie this night under my pillow before I will send it to you with my warm blessing. »

Nicholas. September 1914, the General Headquarters, New Imperial Train "My beloved darling little wife!

Heartfelt thanks for the nice letter you gave to my messenger, - I read it before going to bed. < What it was horror - to part with you and dear children, even though I knew it was for a short time & lt; ... & gt;

. Upon arrival at GHQ I went to a large wooden church of railway team for a brief thanksgiving celebrated by Shavelsky. & Lt; ... & gt; and in the evening I was made a long and interesting report Yanushkevich, in their train, where, as I had foreseen, the heat was terrible. I thought about you, how fortunate that you are not here

! & Lt; ... & gt; Hot thank you, darling, for your precious lines. How interesting that part of Victoria's letter, which you copied so nice to me!

& Lt; ... & gt; It's hard to believe that not far from here a great war raging, everything here seems so peaceful and quiet. The local life rather reminiscent of the old days, when we lived here during the maneuvers, with the only difference being that in the neighborhood does not have troops.

My beloved, often-often kiss you, because now I'm really free, and have time to think about my little wife and family. Strange, but true.

God grant that my little woman was quite well to my return!

I embrace you and gently kiss your precious face, as well as all the dear children. Thank you girls for their lovely letter.

Good night, my dear sun.
Always your old husband Nicky. »

Alexander. December 1916, Tsarskoye Selo "Goodbye, my beloved and priceless!

How unbearably let you - harder than ever - after the hard days that we spent in the struggle! But the Lord, who all love and mercy, help, and now it is the turn for the better. & Lt; ... & gt; I am deeply convinced that nearing the great and wonderful days of your reign and Russia. Only to maintain good spirits, not be influenced by rumors and letters - pass by them, as by something unclean, what better to forget immediately

. & Lt; ... & gt; Somehow pass the lonely nights? I can not imagine it. How gratifying it was hard to hold you in my arms - it is comforting sore heart and soul, I tried to put in all my affection boundless love, prayer, faith, and strength! You told me inexpressibly roads, my beloved spouse

I share your joys and sorrows, and ready to die for you Bless the Lord, you and my treasure -. Baby! Hard to kiss you. In a moment of sadness go to Baby's room and quietly sit there a bit with nice people around him. Kiss your favorite Babe - you have the soul becomes warmer and calmer

. All my love I give you, the sun of my life. Rest in peace, soul and heart I am with you, my prayers soar above you. God and the Holy Virgin will never leave you!

Forever entirely
Your. »

Nicholas. December 1916 "Dearly beloved darling Sun,

I not read your letter, because I like to do in bed before going to sleep. But I thank you in advance for all the love and kindness, which is poured out there. I offered this letter in Tosno and hope that it comes to you tonight.

Yes, these days spent together were heavy - but only because of you I have them moved more or less peacefully. < You're so strong and hardy, admire thee more than I can express. I'm sorry if I was not in the spirit or short-tempered, sometimes mood should break!

Of course, it would be happiness, if we could all stay together during this difficult time. & Lt; ... & gt; God willing, our separation will not be long. In my thoughts I am always with you, never doubt it.

From the loving heart hug you and the girls. Be healthy and firm, my dear bird, my one and my all!

Sleep well and sweet.
Your forever Nicky. »

Alexander. February 1917, Tsarskoye Selo "My precious!

With sadness and deep concern I let you go without one of our sweet, gentle Baby. What an awesome time we are in now! Even harder to move it apart - can not caress you when you look so tired, exhausted. God has sent you a truly scary heavy cross.

I so longed to be able to help you carry the burden! You are courageous and terpeliv- I feel with all my heart and I suffer with you, much more than I can express in words. What can I do? Just pray and pray

& lt;! ... & Gt; I am sad that we were not alone during our last breakfast. & Lt; ... & gt; So you want to rest and peace, so that at least a little to gain strength and continue to fight and make its way on the thorny path to the shining goal! & Lt; ... & gt; Your zhena- your bulwark - always on guard in the rear

& lt; ... & gt;. Oh, how I love you! More and more deeply, as the sea, with immense tenderness. Sleep tight, do not let kashlyay- change of air will help you to completely recover. Yes, keep you light angels, Christ be with you and the Holy Virgin never forsake you! I bless you, tight hug and cuddle your weary head to my chest. All our hot, passionate love surrounds you, my hubby, my only, my all, light of my life, treasure, sent to me by Almighty God! Feel my hands, wrapped around you, my lips gently pressed against yours - always together, always inseparable

Goodbye, my love, come back soon to your old sweetheart.. Please go and see the image of the Blessed Virgin, as soon as you can. I prayed a lot for you there. »

Nicholas. December 1917, Imperial Bet "My beloved angel,

& Lt; ... & gt; I have just received your dear long letter, for which I thank dearly.

& Lt; ... & gt; I'm so happy to be back home and maybe even a little bit will stay in the new year. One kiss Baby in the morning and one in the evening for me is not enough - I'm hungry for more

. So, this is my last letter. I hope that you will feel stronger and better; observe Spock. < God bless you, my dear, my favorite sun! Gently kiss you and our dear girls.

Invariably your old husband Nicky.
Tomorrow morning I will be thinking of you. »

via book-old.ru/BookLibrary/00200-Romanovyi-i-dr/1923-27.-Perepiska-Nikolaya-i-Aleksandryi-Romanovyih.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting