Maria Sharapova appealed to his fans a fiery speech

"To my fans.

I would like to discuss with you the latest news, and even tell you that there are things that the press covered the wrong. And I would like to say to that.

You wholeheartedly supported me and I am very grateful for that. But I have noticed that some media in their reports exaggerate and distort facts.

They say that I was warned five times to ban the drug, which I accepted. It is not true. That did not happen.

Yes, my fault, I did not know about the ban. I was told that the December 22, 2015 received a letter with the subject "The main change in the anti-doping program for 2016 tennis." I should study it more closely.

But other "warning"? They were hidden in mailings, in the depths of sites and handouts.

December 18, I received a letter with the subject "News for the player." It was a mountain, travel reports, the next tournaments, rankings, statistics; announcements, birthday greetings and, yes, the information about doping. To find in the letter about the prohibition of a particular drug, the player should: open letter to see a dozen obscure references, link to "Cabinet player", enter your login and password to view the entire site with three dozen links to various topics, a link to "The changes in the anti-doping program of tennis-2016", click on it and find the page with three dozen links to anti-doping materials. After that, it was necessary to click on the right stuff, open it, run through to the second page and find there a drug that I took, but under a different name.

In other words, to get a "warning", it was necessary to open the email with the subject, not related to doping, go to the website, enter your login and password poryskat, click, poryskat, click, poryskat, click, and then squander read. Probably, some publications might call it a warning. But I think most people would say that such a warning would be too hard to find.

There were leaflets, which were distributed at various tournaments in the beginning of 2016, when the ban is already in action. This document - a thousand words, most of them are purely technical, and even fine print. Value for him to examine me? Yes. But if you look at the paper, you will understand what I mean. (Photo below)

Again, this does not excuse me, but it is wrong to say that I was warned five times.

I saw another headline: "The course is a preparation which took Maria Sharapova is 4-6 weeks." This phrase was repeated from reportage to the report, but it does not convey the whole truth. In those reports the manufacturer of the drug says that "the course may be repeated two or three times a year. Only doctors can assess the condition of the patient and decide whether to accept

meldonium longer. " This is exactly what I did. I did not take it every day. I followed the doctor's advice and took it in small doses.

I'm proud of the way I acted. I am honest and open. I did not invent myself trauma to hide the positive sample.

I look forward to hearing in the Tennis Federation, they will get my full medical history.

I hope that I can still play. But regardless of the decisions of sports officials, I want you, my fans, to know the truth. »

Loading ... Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting