Ludovico Benso Preface to the book Luciano Proyetti "Children-vegetarians"

In the book Luciano Proyetti broadly considered the best sources of conventional Western medicine. At its core, it is based on the laws, built on the experimental data, which at the time were subjected to treatment that excludes any other interpretation of them.

But the dogma, for example, about the inability of nerve cells to restore was refuted fairly recently.

Italian climber Reinhold Messner, climbing to the summit of Mount Everest without an oxygen mask, dismissed counts the most respected psychologists who wrote about the impossibility of such an undertaking. Such examples are many.

More in-depth studies have shown that the dogma is reprinted from book to book, without being subject to critical evaluation, lost their relevance to what may well have resulted in changes in the environment. These dogmas are based on incorrect generalizations, reflecting the view of things in the light of the level of development of science of the time when a particular experiment was conducted.
All this is in any case does not diminish the usefulness and importance of research of the past years, however, underlines the limitations of determinism generalizations that are not based on facts or careful study, the reliability of which can not be doubted.

The results of any experiment are relevant only under conditions in which the experiment was conducted; all further conclusions will have varying degrees of probability, any assumption should be checked each time, and confirmed by experience.

Among the arguments against vegetarianism, the main thing is that it leads to the risk of an acute shortage of certain essential amino acids, which by definition is not produced by the body and enter into it only with meat. We can not accept the existence of the essential amino acids, but even this argument can be misleading, if we consider it from the point of view of strict determinism.

Research carried out in collaboration with Luciano Proyetti in the 1970s, for example, have shown that children growing up without the pathologies vegetarians and suffer less than usual. But this is not enough to assert that a vegetarian diet - the best way to power. It is necessary to carry out more extensive research throughout life, comparing, preferably double-blind study (in which neither the researcher nor the subject does not know about the nature of the experiment), the test results are not vegetarian and vegan, having initially similar rates. Conducting such a study seems unlikely.

However, data obtained empirically L.Proyetti indicate that vegetarian investigated are in good health. These data suggest that in terms of food intake exclusively vegetable origin, the argument of the indispensability of certain amino acids may or not is indisputable, at least not for determining a health value. Who knows how many more of these dogmas of traditional medicine can be questioned.

Up to this point I have written as a doctor and researcher; as a man, I declare that I am of vegetarianism because I categorically do not accept violence against living beings, who are able to feel and possess intelligence. I am ashamed to live in a country where murder, torture, arbitrary and animal fights are part of the "culture".

Tags

See also

New and interesting