"Beautiful young Dana Many, Old age - Only the Chosen One"

Once Vladimir Pozner received a letter from his American friend Phyllis Schlossberg:

"My old friend wrote to me about his age, and I wondered whether I am old? My body sometimes says yes, old ... but the heart does not agree! I would also like to return to their younger years. In my opinion, this is her letter accurately summarizes

Here it is life, "the letter:.

"Recently, one young creature asked me, how to be old. I am somewhat confused because they do not consider myself old. Seeing my reaction, being scared fainted, but I say that is an interesting question that I will consider it and report its findings.

Old age, I decided, is a gift. Today I was probably the first in life was the person who always wanted to be. No, it's not about my body, of course! Sometimes the body makes me despair - wrinkles, bags under the eyes, spots on the skin, saggy ass. Most shocking to me, an old woman who settled in my mirror - but I worried briefly

. I would never have agreed to trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my beloved family on a smaller number of gray hair and a flat stomach tightened.

As I'm getting older, I began to imagine a kinder, less critical. I began to imagine other. I do not reproach yourself for having eaten too much a cookie, for what, which I have not removed the bed, because bought this idiotic cement lizard absolutely do not need, but which gives this avant-garde tone my garden.
< br> I am entitled to overeat, do not clean up after themselves, to be extravagant. I was witness to how many - too many - too dear friends left this world too early, not yet understood without experiencing a great freedom that gives old age

. Who cares if I'm reading up to four hours in the morning and sleep until noon? I'm dancing with myself, listening to the wonderful music of the fifties, and if sometimes I want to cry over a past love, well, cry.

I'll walk down the beach in a bathing suit that barely holds the plump body, if I want, I throw myself into the ocean wave, despite complete pity looks from the young creatures dressed (undressed?) In a bikini. They, too, will grow old.

Sometimes I am forgetful, that's true. However, not everything in life is worthy of remembering - and the importance I remember

. Of course, over the years my heart has been broken many times. How can break your heart, if you have lost a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when a beloved dog hit by a car?

But broken hearts is the source of our strength, our understanding, our compassion. The heart that has never been broken, sterile and clean, they will never know the joy of imperfection.

Fate has blessed me by giving me live up to the gray hair, to the time when my youthful laughs forever etched deep grooves on my face. After all, how many people have never laughed much died sooner than could have their hair frosted?

I can say "no" absolutely sincere. I can say "yes" absolutely sincere. As you get older, it gets easier to be sincere. You care less about what others think about you. I do not doubt yourself. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So in answer to your question, I can say that I like to be old. Old age freed me. I like the person I became.

I will not live forever, but while I'm here, I'm not going to waste time on experience about what could happen, but it did not happen, I will not worry about that, what else can happen.

And I'll have a sweet tooth in the third every day. ยป

: Fit4brain.com

Loading ... Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting