Confessions of a doctor. The first day.

In the branch in which I am working, with sales still very strict. Not fulfilled the plan for the first time - a fine and a minimum salary. I not performed a second time - fired. In any paid medical institutions have a plan, the average check for the patient. If the doctor can not handle this check and does not perform a monthly plan, he reprimanded, fined or even fired if it is repeated several times.

The financial plan should be carried out! Each health center expects this amount specifically how much on average per month in revenue should go to the doctor. For motivation, not to insert caps doctors and to tell every day how important it is to make a profit and pay back its branch crazy costs make them a good salary and a minimum interest rate from each patient, ie the services that the doctor vparivaet.

This system is almost identical cast of some "Euroset" or "The Messenger", which is the same technology. Sellers have an average salary and the direct motivation to sell as much as possible to earn a percentage of sales, then it turns out an interesting salary. Medicine has become a "sale of mobile phones", where the first place is not the patient's health, and the number of vparennyh services.

Confessions of a doctor. Day Two.

Today I had a patient with complaints of pain in the abdomen and groin. Symptoms described include: discomfort when walking, pain in the groin area after heavy lifting, a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen. After a description of the symptoms of any obvious suspicion of an inguinal hernia. And it became quite evident after inspection and palpation. When the patient is standing, he has a little-noticed change in size bloating, disappearing in a supine position. It's a simple situation, which does not require further examination. Could it easy to diagnose and send to the surgeon on the planned operation. But in our clinic (as with any paid) so you can not do. Corrective hernia operations in our clinic are not carried out, and send it to the hospital - it means to lose a client and receive a reprimand / fine of leadership for failing to check the average for each patient

. So I began to chase him on our standard scheme of sales: total blood, urine, feces, abdominal ultrasound. Also sent to the urologist in the next room, from which it is likely to pass the test for prostate secret, and will pay for itself consultation. Estimated total cost of all the services listed 35-40 thousand. Rubles. In this clinic, I have been working for 6 years. The situation described above - a normal working routine. And even after all this time I still sometimes remorse. They are already weak and hardly noticeable, but there are still memories of that, with what thoughts and hopes, I went to study in medical school to help people and to treat them as bequeathed to Hippocrates. About any cheating and divorce on the average check and then thought it was not. But as the head of the clinic says, where I work, "Hippocrates is not relevant, and died long ago, and my family and the children are alive and want to eat."

Tags

See also

New and interesting