Amazing unspoilt Mentawai tribe: 20 photos

This tribe is completely cut off from the modern world. The people of Mentawai - about 64 thousand people living on the islands west of Sumatra in Indonesia. Site wants to show you pictures of everyday life of the representatives of this plemeni.Ih can be distinguished by the characteristic tattoos and homes decorated with skulls caught while hunting animals. In case of any problems, unhappiness or disease they call their doctors to "communicate with the spirits»

Pictures made 42-year-old professional photographer Mohammed Saleh Bin Doll from Malaysia, who managed to win the favor and trust of the inhabitants of the island. He spent about a month with them.

«These women walk around the island with absolutely no clothes, and their life is totally dependent on natural resources»

Mohammed Saleh

The tribe consists of about 64 thousand people who live in homes made of bamboo, wood, grass and decorated with the skulls of the animals they killed during the hunt.

Social life is centered inside the Mentawai clans numbering 30 to 80 people. The center of this life are long overall structure.

Members of the tribe believe that all life on Earth has a soul, including plants. And the only "expert" there is considered to be a local doctor, who "communicates with the souls and spirits." With the help of these contacts with the invisible world, he heals the disease and eliminate the other misfortunes, and return harmony to the lives of its people

«I was very lucky -. A friend of mine really Mentawai lived with for quite a while and asked me for help »

« most men see the inhabitants of the island of heroes, and that's all look happy ».

« They love when they were guests from the outside world, because they like to show your lifestyle and your island. »

Translation for Evelyn Skok MixStuff

via www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3433248/The-tattooed-tribe-Stunning-photographs-follows-daily-lives-Mentawai-people-hidden-away-modern-society.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting