Life without pain, hunger and sleep: the story of "bionic girls'

7-year-old Briton named Olivia Farnsworth does not feel pain, hunger, and does not feel the need for sleep.

It can be for several days without food or sleep. It is not even eye morgnёt if cuts himself or fall and bounce. Most recently, she ran across the road and knocked it suddenly turned inside out from somewhere in the car. The girl did not shed a single tear - just got up and went home, as if nothing had happened.

Unique features Olivia greatly puzzled doctors. They know that her condition is caused by the destruction of chromosome 6, but for the first time in medical history of the patient, they meet with the three rare symptoms immediately.

According to the mother of Olivia, whose name is Niki Trepak, her daughter completely unfamiliar feeling of danger, because it literally does not feel pain, and they do not feel the need for food and sleep. Doctors have called the young patient "bionic girl."

"She ran across the road and it was hit by a car, and she - though henna - told Nicky shortly after the incident. - That was creepy. I still can not recover from this. I saw her fall, cried, and my other children, too, cried out in terror. And Olivia got so surprised and looked at us - they say that it is with you? - And quietly returned to us ».

Nicky added that Olivia was seriously injured after the incident - on her left breast mark on the wheel. However, as it turned out after the examination, she escaped with only a broken skin on the toe and Byrd. Doctors believe that Olivia was able to avoid injury, because at the time of the collision was not her body tense as ordinary people in similar situations. This is not the first time when she behaves unusually, was injured: "One day, she is very unsuccessful fell and broke his lip - so much that she later had to sew. However, the baby did not react to this trouble ».

Making Olivia eat right - it is also very difficult test, because it never feels hunger. "At any given time, she agrees to have one thing. For example, recently it was the milkshakes - says Nicky. - Now it's chicken noodle. Once she had lived for a year only on sandwiches with butter. It is never hungry, so it is useless to say that if you do not eat this, do not get something tasty. Food does not excite her.

The third "superpowers" Olivia is her fatigue-free. "Once she had not slept for three days in a row - said Nicky - for me, a single mother with five children, it was an ordeal. She never gets tired. We have to give her medication, so she slept a little ».

Problems associated with the destruction of chromosome 6, are not amenable to treatment - says Dr. Beverly Searle. - All that we can do - is to alleviate some symptoms ».

Despite its peculiarities, Olivia - happy cheerful child. Niki says that of all the five children she is gentle and loving. "She is willing to share all that she has. Olivia wonderful character, albeit with a certain "craziness," but in the best sense of the word. "
Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting