"And soon the New Year"

And soon the New Year. For two days in the house smells like tangerines. Mom bought them a whole big bag and hid on the balcony. Sometimes you can seamlessly drag out two things - confidence and sister - and eat them quickly, zapihnuv orange fleshy skin under the bed.

In a large room in the corner stands a tree. Her dad brought three days ago, and we all dressed her. Mom took out a large mezzanine box from under his boots, tied with twine, in which, drowned in wool, are fragile glass balls and figurines. It is this protein gave me in kindergarten. For the victory in some competition for the matinee. And this is - the king. Everyone knows that this is my mother's king. It is quite old, and with a hole on the side. But his mother always hangs in the most prominent place. Because this king older than herself, as she says. And we have a garland. All messed up. We unraveling it carefully and hang on the Christmas tree. And then Dad turns off the light, and includes a garland in the socket. At first, nothing happens for a long time so. We sit in the dark and breathe. And suddenly garland flashes, illuminating the cotton Santa Claus standing on a white sheet under the tree, which is also older than my mother, my sister and I and our faces. In Masha it is red, then green. I, probably, too.

Today in the morning my mother and father stick in the kitchen and cook something. You can hear the sound of knives on a cutting board and voice: "Check jelly on the balcony, maybe it's time to put in the fridge?", "Are you going to bake whole chicken or a pickle?" And "H, that's where you put it, eh? Mad? I'm on it I cut fruit, and he - herring! ". On the TV show "Irony of Fate" and the red-haired girl sings about three white horse. The street is still light, at home bored. In the kitchen with fogged windows do not let me, so as not to interfere. I start to whine and capricious. Get a slap on the ass from my mother, and my father sets aside half a herring, he washes his hands and takes me by the shoulder, "to get the skates and help Masha get dressed." I am screaming and running down the hall, getting tangled in spolzshey not my size pantyhose and shouted: "Masha, we go to the rink right now!»

Masha does not know how to skate, fell twice, pouted, and Dad took her to the bench, where he began to silently remove her skates, why Masha pouted even more, and then roared. Very quietly dark. So, soon the New Year. Dad waves at me and I rolled up to the bench, ready to reach out to the pope foot in skates and holding father's neck, waiting, when he wears the blue plastic covers on the blades. If I was not with us the Pope, I would never have put on covers. I would have limped to a piece of asphalt near the manhole and to beat him on the ridge that sparks flew. Like Silver Hoof. One time Dad saw this and punished me. I month did not go to the rink. Next time I will beat out the sparks away from his home. For Irkin house also has a hatch with asphalt.

The door opens us to Mom. She curlers on her head and made up one eye. In her hand she holds a box of mascara, which spits out there and vozyukaet brush. I always want to do the same. Spit and povozyukat. But my mother always takes his makeup when he goes to work. Mom is looking at us with Masha and dad scolds. "They'll all wet, as the mouse! Why do you allow them to roll in the snow? I'm just a sick! Right now both sick again, and who will sit with them ?! "Dad helps us to silently remove the skates, and my mother is waving his brush and runs to the bathroom dokrashivat second eye. From the bathroom heard my mother's "ugh!". And it is not clear: whether it is in ink spat, or angry at my father. Hence, it is not visible.

We Masha dress up in costumes. I like Little Red Riding Hood, and Masha - Snowflake in the crown. I also want the crown, but I had a red cap on his head. I figure out how to put on a top hat on the crown, that nothing had fallen. painted on both eyes mother in curlers runs through the apartment with the dishes. We Masha quietly carry with them the sausage. to Bears and dogs themselves. A bald spot on the plate with sausage carefully mask the dill. I'd like to have. In the room nervously walks dad in a gray suit, pulling his tie and glancing at the bottle of vodka. Pope today and get drunk to be funny dance, bending the knees. We Masha always laugh when he dances. We do not drink vodka. For us, my mother bought a lot of bottles of "Tarragon", "Pinocchio" and "wild berries". "Pinocchio" can be poured into "adult" crystal wine glasses, thinking that this is the champagne, and then pretend to be drunk and dancing on bent legs.

Comes mother, looks at his watch and said: "We carry out the old year». We Masha once mistaken for sausage that my mother did not notice a bald dill. Shouts: "I" Tarragon "!" - "And I," Pinocchio "!" - "Then I, too," Pinocchio "!" - "What do you all repeat after me? Drink your "Tarragon"! "On the TV show again," Irony of Fate ", only on a different channel. We already ate Masha and already want gifts. But we sit in silence. And also look "irony." When the screen suddenly appeared Kremlin wall, chimes and circular roof with a red flag, mother cried, "Glory, turn off the light sooner!" Dad turned off the lights and lit garland and face appeared Gorbachev with a spot on his bald head. He said it is not clear, but mom and dad listened, holding glasses of champagne. And we, too, Masha stood up and raised their glasses to "Pinocchio." And then started beating the chimes, and my mother said, "Rather, make a wish!» I guessed myself doll Juliet and tape, and Masha - it's obvious - the railroad. I quickly guessed all, and chimes all beaten and beaten. It was a pity that I have no more desire, and I quickly guessed yet, so that all people in the world never hurt. But I guessed about all people - on television singing "the unbreakable union of free republics." I also began to sing. I have at all school notebooks this hymn was written on the back cover. I know all the words by heart. Dad turned on the light, and shouted "Hurrah!", And my mother cried. And we, too, Masha. They wanted to clink his "Pinocchio" with his parents, and they are not allowed.

Masha whispered in my ear: "Now there will be gifts," and we looked at Dad. Papa tugged at his tie, listened to something and suddenly grabbed my hand, "Ran! I hear on the stairs there is someone! This Santa Claus! "We ran. Masha crown dropped, and I fell cap, but I picked it up. On the stairs, there was nobody. We looked at my father, and he dragged us up the stairs. "He ran up, catch up!" We ran from the second floor to the ninth, but Santa Claus is not found. Masha roared, and I restrained. The elevator doors opened. This Pope has arrived for us. «What is missed Santa Claus? And he had already come to our home and gifts you leave. The fastest elevator in the » The snow has melted at the Palacio, and I remember what it tracks were. It's just by the boots. Masha has unleashed the bag and now sniffs and digs into it. I also climbed. Masha pushing, and it turns me off. But we still know who a gift. Me - Doll Juliette and Maschke - railway. Ha, and Ira said that Santa Claus does not exist, and give gifts to mom and dad. All she's lying. Mom and Dad did not even know that we make come true Masha under the chiming clock. Only the tape there is no reason. Maybe next year will bring. When I grow up. All the same, I even do not have any tapes to listen to music ...

And soon the New Year. Soon it will be necessary to go to METRO and boxes buy champagne, vodka, sausage, canned food. I'll call Maschke, she told me always spawn a good husband gets through. your white dress, which I in the summer at the wedding of Eugene was to get it right. In my opinion, there are stain. The dry cleaners need to pay if you do not forget. We must decide where I will celebrate New Year at home, at a party or at the dacha. Socks need to buy shoes and dig white. I do not remember where I slipped them. Irke not forget to call. This salad recipe I promised to give. List of gifts to make that no one is forgotten. Son - MP3-Player, Maschke - toy motorcycle for her collection, her mother - a new perfume and mascara (it is hinted shyly) and dad ... And dad, I'll give this story. I'll give it to him on the phone at midnight. While sounding chimes and played the Russian national anthem. I'll read it to him with a sheet and restrained, not to cry. As then. 23 years ago. On the stairs. On the ninth floor. When I was just one moment it seemed that the Pope can deceive me ...

An excerpt from the book Lydia Raevskaya "Adult Toys»
Photos in the preview: livejournal

via pryf.livejournal.com/3958604.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting