How to stop shy of their own achievements

Many of us sometimes think that we are not worthy of praise. No matter how much good do, whatever success or reached, we often think that any endorsements and awards do not deserve, and we praised by mistake - just people have not realized who they were dealing. We feel incompetent liars, cunning or accidentally occupy someone else's place.

This greatly poisons life. We are in the Website have decided to understand why such a thing happens to people.

This is called "impostor syndrome." They suffer more than 70% of people, including famous actors - Emma Watson for example. People with impostor syndrome can not recognize their own achievements , but other people often seem to them more intelligent and competent.

A man can not tell anyone about it for fear of what others will say, "Yes, we always suspected." No evidence of a person is not affected: no diploma, no monetary compensation or well-executed case, not even a letter of thanks or saved lives.

Every time a person thinks: "At that time I was just lucky, but this time it helped me, and sooner or later everyone will understand that I'm not so smart." This man insanely afraid to ask for someone to help.

If you suddenly happen to make a mistake, the man brutally scolds himself for the mistake, and at the same time relieved to think, "Well, I knew it!ยป

Feeling is unpleasant. You hesitate own merits, refuse to accept them and thereby hindering himself to live peacefully and happily, enjoying the fact that deserved.

Fortunately, this can and must be fought. Here are 9 steps that can help:

Recognize that ashamed of their achievements. When get the praise, take it and write objectively on your account Do not attribute their achievements just luck. Do not start talking about your achievements and abilities with the words "just," "just," "really" and so on. d. Keep a journal. Write to their achievements and failures in order to have a clear idea about them. Do not hesitate to write honestly, no one but you will not see these records. Periodically review them. Recognize that there are no perfect people and the problems there at all. Even the smartest people make mistakes. Do not reproach yourself for the mistakes. Be proud of his humility sincere (but do not forget to praise themselves). Remember that to seek help is normal and sometimes necessary. And most important: Accept the fact that there is something that you do not know and do not know. There are things you'll never know and. But there are things you want to learn. And learn.

According to the materials: fastcompany, factroom
Translation Website
Preview: Marianne Kalacheva

via vk.com/album-54564094_201852916

Tags

See also

New and interesting