25 Honest Photos of child labor in the United States

In the history of the United States, there are moments of Ktorov Americans do not like to remember: the destruction of the Indians, slavery, the war in Vietnam. One such moment is the use of child labor in the industrial scale. In this collection of 25 photographs, honestly telling how the children had to work in the mines and factories as adults.

1. Small coal mine workers in Pennsylvania. 1911. B>

2. Factory cigars. Indianapolis, USA. 1908. B>

3. The factory in North Carolina, USA. 1908. B>

4. So-called Pin boys - boys who arranged the pins in bowling, working at night. Brooklyn, New York, USA. 1910.

5. 7-year-old Rosie sells oysters. Doing this consistently for two years, is open all day. Illiteracy. South Carolina, USA. 1913.

6. Children at the glass factory. Indiana. 1908. B>

7. Lunch at a furniture factory, Indiana. 1908. B>

8. Girl at a textile factory, North Carolina. 1908. B>

9. Boys miners and mules hauling in a coal mine in West Virginia. 1908.

10. Bill - a journeyman at the glass factory in Indiana. Gets 80 cents per day, or night, as well as 14 other children working there. 1908

11. The end of the working day. All day these boys held in a coal mine at a depth of 1, 5 km. Pennsylvania. 1910.

12. Children clean corn in school time on a farm in Dublin, Georgia. 1915.

13. Boys newsboy during a small break. Yes, they all smoke. St. Louis, Missouri. 1910.

14. A 5-year-old Salvini is committed to collecting cranberries for sale. New Jersey. 1910.

15. The main entrance to one of the mines of West Virginia. At the heart of the boy, his time, like the others, starts at 7 am and ends at 6 pm. He gets $ 1 a day.

16. The 7-year old girl working with her elder sister in the factory. North Carolina. 1908.

17. Charlie hunts for 4 years. If it returns to the production, receives 50 cents a day. Dillon, North Carolina. 1908.

18. 4-year-old Mary Davis, in those days when not working, caring for a sick child (probably a brother or sister). Louisiana. 1911.

19. One of the small loader factory in Baltimore, Maryland. 1909.

20. Neil Gallagher began working with 9 years. The 11 lost a leg due to an accident at work. After amputation continues. Pennsylvania. 1909.

21. Small textile factory worker in Newberry, North Carolina. 1908.

22. shoeshine - children of Greek immigrants. Indianapolis, Indiana. 1908.

23. Glass industry in Indiana. 1908. B>

24. Lunch break at the glass industry in West Virginia. 1908.

25. Children's team of Coal Mine in Pennsylvania. 1911.

: Fishki.net

Tags

See also

New and interesting