Elon Musk is looking for "hardcore" Tesla engineers to autopilot

Elon Musk wrote on Twitter that he was looking for "hardcore software engineers" to "achieve full autonomy" for the electric Tesla Motors. This task is so important to us that the mask will personally conduct interviews with the candidates.

If you are interested, please write to autopilot@teslamotors.com, adding an example of your work. Better hurry up, the desire to work with the project have already expressed the founder of the cloud service Box Aaron Levy: "You take only candidate with experience in enterprise cloud computing? And if I can continue to be the head of the Box? »

After the release of the beta version of the Model S autopilot began to appear a video where drivers ignore the warning that you can not give up on the steering wheel, and endanger themselves and other road users i>

In October 2015 the company Tesla released a firmware update version 7.0 for electric Model S, which added to the electric cars feature the autopilot. The function itself does not involve the complete replacement of the driver, but it will help keep the markup, the speed limit and avoid collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians. The vehicle must scan the surrounding area for the presence of parking spaces, to warn the driver if it finds them, and self parking.

A few hours after updates Youtube videos appeared , where drivers get into accidents while their Model S controls the autopilot. In a press release Tesla warned that this is a beta version, and that the hands on the steering wheel at the time of movement can not be clean - some drivers have ignored this rule, endangering themselves and others. In some situations, the car behaved inappropriately, but warned in advance about this beep: if you keep your hands on the steering wheel at any time to take control and avoid collisions.

Elon Musk described the autopilot "super high priority" for Tesla. The function will be available in time in all the company's vehicles, but it will not be soon - about three years may be needed for the development.

We are looking for hardcore software engineers. No prior experience with cars required. Please include code sample or link to your work.- Elon Musk (elonmusk) November 20, 2015 blockquote>

Ramping up the Autopilot software team at Tesla to achieve generalized full autonomy. If interested, contact autopilot@teslamotors.com.- Elon Musk (elonmusk) November 20, 2015 blockquote>

Should mention that I will be interviewing people personally and Autopilot reports directly to me. This is a super high priority.- Elon Musk (elonmusk) November 20, 2015 blockquote>
 He expressed a desire to participate Aaron Levy. He asked whether it is possible to remain at the head of this company Box, which he founded. It will be interesting to look at this interview.

. elonmusk Are you accepting candidates with only enterprise cloud computing experience? And can I still be CEO of Box? - Aaron Levie (levie) 20 November 2015 blockquote>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/266108/

Tags

See also

New and interesting