120 promotional photos genius Nadav Kander mnogostanochnik

Nadav Kander - one of the most famous photographers of our time. He is known and appreciated in all quarters, though a little associated with photos: professional and amateur photographers, publishers, artists, representatives of the world of fashion and, of course, creative people. Nadav - stunning mnogostanochnik, and he takes a lot of different things, and all he can that fotomire, frankly, redkost.On writes books about photography, organizes exhibitions. Another feature of Nadav Kander - its openness to people. Usually photographers prefer to hide behind his work, and Nadav great pleasure talking about himself and his work. The main thing in which he said that the author's intention and understanding of the audience - there are two different things.

In an interview, he said: & quot; This semantic richness of my photos - it is in the eye of the beholder, whether criticism or just an ordinary person looking at my pictures. The most important is that my job to ask questions. I do not answer questions. My work is not about that. It's pretty much about feelings. Dissatisfaction. I'm not trying to make people feel a certain way. Therefore, semantic richness ... I would say the value is dependent on the other. Feelings - me i> «.

The site invites you to get acquainted with stunning advertising photographer Nadav Kander and with himself.

I was born in Tel Aviv in December 1961. When I was little, I always tell my friends that my dad lost his left eye due to fly at extreme altitudes during tests Mirage fighter jets to the Israeli army. But this is not true. He flew on Boeing 707's, and eyes lost for medical reasons. Because of this, he could no longer fly. He was 37 and he was looking for work. I was two years old at the time. My parents decided to go to South Africa and to start everything anew. So my earliest memories - a flight from Tel Aviv to Johannesburg to my third birthday.

I put on my school uniform in 6 years. I had a Dalmatian named Dick. I played table tennis and soccer, but tennis came out better. My nickname was Gus (Goose), because some football coaches decided that the «goosey goosey gander» (the beginning of the English nursery rhyme) rhyme with Kander. And I was rooting for Liverpool because they were the best.

I hated school with a passion. It's a shame, but that's it. I have not embraced by teachers and classmates and did not utter a word sentimental farewell on the last day. I just walked away and never came back. If my children will also hate school, it would break my heart.

We drove down the coast in a white Austin 1100 until daddy bought Peugeot 504 eerie green (it was this car so far, until he left South Africa 22 Years After). It was something about a dozen, and I remember the feeling of success, which is experienced when braided leather on the steering wheel, I bought the parents wore before we left to fill.

I tell you all this because that vacation, my father photographed on Iconoflex, which he bought in one of its flights to New York. A week later returning to Johannesburg, we were invited to a slide show, which I remember very well so far. I think that the slideshow was my first introduction to the possibilities of photography, in particular pleasure that it brings.

When I was 13 I started to shoot at Pentax, who was able to buy thanks to their bar mitzvahs. I remember the rabbi who had to ask me to bend down so he could lay my hands on his head. Those pictures, which I did, and then to 17 years, in spite of all its imperfections, has the same sense of peace and worry that part of my job today. I always knew that the eyes need to see only a fragment, and the mind will fill in the rest.

The first time I saw the TV when we went on vacation to Europe. I was 14. I remember how different all the cities of Johannesburg - food, transportation, and so many people. I remember how I escaped from the hotel where we stayed and walked. Quarter or two. Just to feel anonymous and to be alone. It was as if I was in the shade, looking at the world around me with a certain distance, and that "distance viewer" is present in my work today.

I had a motorcycle with 15 years (Triumph 650 Tiger), and I got it in an accident, and it was the defining event. Before him, I was a practicing villain and went nowhere. Pick your bike and ride to the afternoon get-together at night - this was my life. After the accident, which happened when I was 17, I never sat on a motorcycle, and all focused on photos.

South Africa has mobilized its white male citizens to take part in National Service, and I somehow got in the air force. For two years I print pictures from the air in a dark room. In this room, and finally I realized that I wanted to become a photographer. Around this time I met Nicole Verity. A day later I was discharged from the Air Force and began working on the Harry De Zitter. A few months later, shortly after my 21st birthday, I went to the States, and then to England. At the end of 1985, I returned to South Africa and met again with Nicole. In 1986 she moved me to England. We settled in an apartment building two streets away from the place where we live today.

We got married in the African bush in 1991. We live in London with our three children. Oren, Ella and Talia.

My parents, Jenny and Jacob live in America. Dad is now retired, and my mother - a poet, and it makes poetic programs that go on the air twice a day.

via # image6327405

Tags

See also

New and interesting