Meanie genius Ingvar Kamprad

Ingvar Kamprad - he was like Steve Jobs. Only about mebel.Revolyutsioner by trade, a rebel from the design, visionary, meanie, ascetic and boring corrosive - such words can be described as the founder of a global corporation IKEA. A website paying tribute to this great businessman, written material about the beliefs, principles and character.

Last week, news feeds excitedly narrated that the 86-year-old Kamprad stepped away from the management of the company, he passed all three cases to his sons, and even promised not to comment on their actions and decisions. Certainly not, said the sprightly old Swedish, and IKEA are hurried to issue a retraction. Yes, the case transferred, but in operational management, he had long been involved, yes, stand at the helm of the children, but damned if Herr Kamprad will stay away from the business of his life.

It defined its identity, defines and will determine for many years the image and activities of IKEA.

It all began 80 years ago, when Ingvar decided to earn a little money and began selling matches to neighbors and classmates pens and pencils. In the 15 years he has sold office supplies by catalog and in 17 years has registered the trademark IKEA. If you suddenly do not know, what we really doubt it is the abbreviation of the initial letters of name Kamprad, the native name and the name of the farm Elmtaryud nearest village Agunnaryd. Then Stationery and homemade tricks added furniture and IKEA are beginning to become such, as we know it. We know only by Ingvar Kamprad.

SkuperdyayO fisted Ingvar Kamprad decades go quite true legend. His car is old and irrelevant, it flies only economy class, lives on mission only three-star hotel and at the same time divides his room with someone else of his colleagues, which significantly reduces costs.

Always turn off the light, always use both sides of a sheet of paper, buy clothes on sale, and the house had all the furniture from IKEA. And certainly he bought it at a discount for employees.

Kamprad has said that the only way he can not just force their employees to save, but to teach them at the level of the natural habits. Because the economy is good for employee pricing for customers and the eternal desire to keep prices low and still get a good profit in Ikeja built a cult for many, many years.

Balancing cost reduction, low prices and high profits has become one of the main tasks Kamprad, when he was still quite young. He always thought that from its activities should be all good - and he and the buyer. Otherwise, the long and vigorous activity impossible.

It is his conviction caused him very serious about the quality of goods. Even at the dawn of his business when the sale was carried out only by means of catalogs, competition has led to the fact that market participants are enthusiastic dumping. They made the same mistake that is made in the various segments is still decided that the best would be to live one with less. And the price of the goods decreased largely due to the quality of this product. People are disappointed, entrepreneurs lose customers, including the founder of Ikea, which has filled up with complaints. Ingvar Kamprad recalled the time as follows: "Then I realized that quality matters too. This realization caused me to draw conclusions and go another way. " He Popper against the current, and not only become closely monitor the quality, but also decided to open a showroom where customers can come to appreciate the furniture and accessories before deciding to buy.

This showroom, which opened in 1953, became the first store IKEA, which has changed the format of the company and was the beginning of the entire network. Buy according to catalogs for a long time nothing is impossible, but every year Ikea still produces its famous magazine that the whole year is kept in many houses of the world.

HitretsEsli you think Kamprad everything was easy and admiring rivals looked at him open-mouthed, then you are seriously mistaken. So many obstacles as mending Kamprad Swedes honest entrepreneurs and businessmen from other countries, and the problems that had to deal with, very few people got it.

For example, competitors are required to close the showroom, because it is a dishonest way of doing business is the creation and other benefits, and so on and so forth. Competitors and all the Swedish National Association of sellers of furniture twisting arms suppliers to IKEA, forcing them to break contracts with Kamprad threats about the total cessation of cooperation with all segments of trafficking. Many agreed, and those who still continued to sell sofas and stools Ingvar, ships the goods under the cover of night.

It then became the IKEA Group of companies. Kamprad had to open several firms that could enter into a contract for the supply, and then sell the goods themselves. He opened his design studio, showed incredible ingenuity in finding suppliers, and now that the partners IKEA dictated by the most severe conditions and contracts in which every detail spelled out, with a smile, remembers that time: "Problems give great odds. When we were forbidden to buy the same furniture that was made for the other, we started coming up with their own designs, and we have a style. When we lost the providers in the country, we have opened a whole world ».

ChelovekGlupo would assume that Ingvar Kamprad - the holy man without flaws. Like Steve Jobs, the Swede had a difficult character. It is tyrannical, stubborn, suppresses those who work, including his own, are already very grown-up children, who admitted that sometimes they can be difficult to open your mouth at a meeting in his presence.

In addition, the incidence of domestic shortage in his biography there is something more serious. In his youth, he was associated with Swedish Nazis, it became known in the 90s, when it was published personal correspondence Nazi Per Engdahl.
Kamprad did not deny it, and to assure that it was not. He said he believes his beliefs at the time one of the biggest mistakes in his life and in a letter to employees asking him to understand: "You, too, were young. Perhaps now, after all this time, you find something funny in his youth, or idiotic. In this case, you have to understand me better ».

GeniyIngvar Kamprad never studied business, but his strategy of doing things are studied in all major business schools and universities around the world. Probably, the thing is that he was always thinking not only about their profits, but also their customers. And in the sense, of course.

When Kamprad decided to open shops in post-Soviet Russia, all tried to dissuade him. He just waved and said that the future of the new Russian middle class will be an army of Ikea furniture buyers. And he was not afraid of the calculations which showed that the profits of these stores is expected at best in five years. "But potooooom," said a satisfied businessman. And again he was right.

"I am often asked if I could predict success in his youth, which reached IKEA. Of course not, although my youthful dreams were bold and ambitious. I was destined to dedicate his life to proving that a good and functional thing does not have to be expensive. The same is true today. We still have a very long way, or, as I have repeatedly said and wrote hundreds of speeches in summary: "We are still at the beginning. A great future! "»

Rules of life Ingvar Kamprad
  • If you are working, do not feel incorrigible enthusiasm, consider that at least a third of your life has gone down the drain.
  • The main thing in management - this is love. If you do not will win the sympathy of the people, you can not do it to sell.
  • Do not mistake only one who is asleep.
  • I have a reputation skuperdyaya, and I'm very proud of her. Li >
  • IKEA is not perfect. I was very annoyed our status as the best company in the world. There is still room to grow - we have not reached the ideal.
  • Time - your main resource. For 10 minutes, you can pretty much do. Lost 10 minutes will never return.
  • The main secret of a successful business - it is easy and common sense.
  • Design a table, that would cost $ 1,000, is very simple. But to make a table for $ 50 only by the best.
  • We put on top management positions for women. Since it is women who decide everything in the house.
  • To be a successful leader means setting a good example. I - an example for all employees of IKEA. Before you spend money on themselves, I think, would be able to afford an ordinary employee of my company or not.
  • The word "impossible" should be permanently removed from your vocabulary.
  • Happiness is not to reach the goal, and to always be on the way to it.
  • My desk chair is me 32 years. The wife said that you need to buy a new one, as the interior is already dirty. But technically, the chair as good as new, so I think.
  • From time to time I will gladly buy a nice shirt, tie and eat caviar Swedish producers.
  • I do not really like to spend money I someone like Swedish Scot.
  • Money corrupts. They should be used as resources for investment and not as a means to satisfy the whims.
  • I'm not afraid that I'm over 80. I still have many things left undone. I have no time to die. Xenia Lukicheva
    Website

Also read: Secrets IKEA

Secrets Apple

3 stories of Steve Jobs

via www.adme.ru/articles/3-istorii-stiva-dzhobsa-3554/

Tags

See also

New and interesting