100 tips from centenarian

motivation for everyone who wants to live a long and happy life. What is the secret of longevity and good life? Each longevity has its own special habits, which are the answer to this question: a glass of whiskey before the afternoon nap. Here assembled a unique look at the lives of people from around the world who have lived a long life, and they have something to say. Many of them are promoting a simple attitude to life and show a cheerful disposition.

Website offers readers a universal recipe for happiness and longevity.

Ruth, aged 92 start to engage in weekly Pilates. It has excellent sense of taste.

Do not look at the calendar. Suppose that every day is a holiday! Buy only quality stuff, they never go out of style. Every day I go out. At least just to walk around the house. The secret of youth - in motion.

100-year-old doctor, who is still practicing. He shares a couple tips from alternative medicine.

I think exercise is absolutely not necessary. Their importance is overrated. Forget about taking vitamins. And not necessarily to frequent doctors. Fall in love, get married! Sex is also very useful.

Tip longevity of love, forgiveness and passion.

Even if you feel hatred, keep it to yourself. Under no circumstances do not hurt others. Continue to believe in love. No one can control you. Do not hesitate to cry. Travel while you're young. Forget about the money, the experience is much more important than any money. Do not compare. Otherwise, you will never be happy. On the other side of the grass is always greener. If you are uncomfortable meeting with someone, you should not start a relationship with that person. Every day, do something nice for yourself. Do not be stingy. Farewell. Find your passion and live it. In most cases, the problem will be resolved by themselves. All in your hands, make the right choice - choosing not only the parents. Get a pet. Sometimes you feel terribly lonely and pets to remind us that we are all living beings. I will not advise you to practice or not to practice a particular religion. Just search for what you believe in and live according to it. Learn to adapt. Take the time to mourn the loss.

For the centennial Edrin Whether the secret of longevity is contained in four simple tips.

Keep going forward and never give up. A little more walking. I drink water from the tap. It is not necessary to die, even if you really want it.

Lucille Lewis reflects on the way to happiness.

Life - is a joy. It all depends on the person. Be happy. You do not have all the time to be "happy", just be happy. Love people. Find a man something for what it is to love. In the end, we are all humans.

And for the other key in education:

Get a good education. This is what you have, no one can take away. Tip from Dorothy Custer, which turned one hundred years old.

Think positively. Do exercises each morning. I have a trainer, something between a bicycle and rowing machine. I do exercises every morning, 100-200, without that I would not leave the bedroom.

Some centenarians active twenties couch potatoes. One of these centenarians, an avid skier, shares wisdom with the next generation:

Be active. I do everything on their own, for example, skiing, even though I am a hundred years. Few people involved in this, but they have this power. I try to eat right, exercise, be more in the fresh air and sunshine. Think positively, and everything will be fine. When you think negative, you are poison to your body. Just smile, say, laughter - the best medicine.

Tip of the inhabitants of Sardinia, the Italian island that is known for a large number of centenarians. They share tips about health and medicine.

For many years I did not take any medication. I do not think they are so useful, and many doctors use you as guinea pigs. Do not die too early.

In the councils of centenarians have something in common - a passion for movement.

Continue to move forward no matter what. You can pay attention to the local problems. But there are so many interesting things! Suppose your house is always a lot of people. Different people: young, old, white, black, all around the world. People have always inspired me. Move forward.

Many centenarians believe in the power of exercise.

I lived to this age largely due to the fact that I love to go and not break into a car seat. I tried everything you learned, I studied ballet and Tai Chi, yoga. I walked six kilometers a day. So I remained flexible, as well as write a book.

And the other - in the life style of rock 'n' roll.

I spent my health to the whiskey and cigarettes. 15 cigarettes a day and a sip of whiskey - that's the secret of my longevity, my doctor said that I would not last long without it. I'm still alive and can raise your elbows - and it's wonderful!

We have a lot of doctor's centennial invaluable advice to young people.

We all remember that as a child we had so much fun that often forgot to eat and sleep. I believe that adults should do the same. It is not necessary to exhaust itself with strict rules about dinner and sleep. For breakfast, I drink coffee, a glass of milk and orange juice with a tablespoon of olive oil. Olive oil is useful for the skin and arteries. For lunch - milk and cookies or anything if I'm very busy. I never feel hungry, because the focus on his work. For dinner, vegetables, a little fish with rice and twice a week - 100 grams of lean meat. It is not necessary to retire, but if you really want - no earlier than 65 years. If your doctor advises you to any tests or surgery, ask if he would like to his wife and child have gone through this procedure. Contrary to popular belief, doctors can not cure everyone. So why multiply the pain of unnecessary operations? I believe that animals and music therapy can do more than the doctors imagined. If you want to stay healthy, use the stairs and carry my own stuff. I walk two steps to keep the muscles toned. I am inspired by a poem by Robert Browning "Abbe Vogler." His father read to me. Therefore calls us to do great art, not a pathetic scrawl. The poem says that you need to try to draw a huge circle, which can not be closed as long as we are alive. All that we see - is the arc, the goal is beyond our vision, but it is. Pain - a mysterious thing. And the best way to forget it - it's fun. Not too worry about the accumulation of material. Remember that when the time comes, you can not take anything with you on the other side. Science itself is not helping and healing people. Find your role model and try to achieve more. To live a long time - great. The first sixty years of easy to operate for the benefit of the family and to achieve their goals. And then we have to make an effort to be useful to society. With 65 years I worked as a volunteer, and still able to work 18 hours seven days a week, enjoying every minute.

Some centenarians pay more attention to the relationship.

I have a tip for the ladies. Do not marry a man who is older than you. Marry those younger!

What else? Just live!

I try not to worry, but just to live. I try to trust yourself and believe in yourself to deal with problems as they come.

Sometimes the elderly are advised to lead a simple life.

I do not eat much. But I try to eat more fruits and vegetables. Less meat and at least twice a week - salmon or sardines. Mortgage I had less than seven years. I paid all at once, and I live by this principle so far. That's the whole secret of longevity. To do what you like.

Or longevity - a matter of luck?

You must have good genetics. You must have good luck ... one hundred years. Try not to eat healthy foods. I eat whatever I want! The secret of longevity - in ice cream. Get out while you are still on horseback. It is important to take care of the mind. I go to two courses ... and learned everything from anti-Semitism to current events.

The modern fountain of youth? It is the humor.

Humor - a life force, a good way to endure the hardships of life. When you laugh at yourself, you do not give others laugh at you. I believe people should be inquisitive. They should be interested in the world that lies outside of their misery and suffering. They should be delighted with the all new, from meeting new people, or from watching a new play - and just loves life. No matter what you do - you can collect album of your favorite band. But if you do it with all the passion - you are alive. Age - is not a disease.

Tip from baseball fans on how to protect themselves.

Try not to get injured. The grandson of 101-year-old grandmother has created the post of a known resource, which offered users to ask her any questions. Here's what came of it:

Be honest. I rarely lie. If you are honest with people, you do come back, and people will be honest with you. Lies - very hard work, do not bother to excess. Open your soul, and the world will seem less strange. Listen to other people. And you'll learn something new. Sit back, because you learn a lot more if you listen to others and not to tell us how much you know yourself. You love what you are doing. If you find a job like you do not have to work a single day in his life. Try each day to find the time to take a nap. Family you have one, so hold on to it. Whatever the problem - financial or psychological, anyway - hold on to your family. Some days will seem worse than others, but it should be: the night is darkest before the dawn. I tend to notice those little things that make our lives more beautiful. At such moments, time slows down.

Other centenarians say the following:

Every day, do something interesting, otherwise you're dead. Learning a new make you happy and will keep the mind. Sleep well, try not to worry and enjoy pleasant dreams. I have a lot of classes. I'm playing bingo, doing needlework and meditation, go to fitness for the elderly and do yoga. Also, do not miss time discounts, three times a week anticipating the stores. Be nice. I have lived a long life, because I am surrounded by people who love me. I drink whiskey every day and I feel great! Be perfect.

Mary Cooper, who 101 years, invited a journalist during an interview with a ride around town in her car. She says:

I never drank, did not smoke and do not use drugs. And I do not let anything upset me - especially traffic. I do not like stress. I can not stand the abuse. If someone began to wind up, I'm leaving immediately. I like to be among positive people, they cheer for me.

What else? In the end, a lot of advice converge to one - live life to the fullest.

Do not meddle in the affairs of others and do not eat junk food. Laughter helps maintain health. If you see all over the funny live longer. Show sadness nevermind, do not fall into despair. When you laugh, you can not be angry or sad, or feel envy. Take a look at yourself, and see for yourself tools. They have each, and they help us to live. I have the power of words and imagination. The printer, the computer and the camera helps me to fight injustice. If I am given the opportunity to help a person in distress, I am using this opportunity. Suppose that you have a good appetite, a lot of friends and a little free time. I need a good wife, a double whiskey on the night and a calm disposition. Never go from liability. If you would not answer - find something that will make you turn inside out. This will help you maintain the ability to think, the interest in life and stay longer alive. I remain vigilant, because I work. Virtue does not need compensation. It is important to keep an inquiring mind. Be attentive, active and cultured man. Do not we dance to someone else's tune. Do not smoke, do not drink and do not give up. Live one day and catch a wave. You may wish you happiness, but it is the best I've created in difficult times. And every day I eat prunes. Do what you must. Do not meditate, just do. Take it easy and enjoy life, which have not be avoided. And if you're a little cold, drink Baileys before bed - the next morning, everything will be okay.

Motivate yourself!

Happy life of Mark Twain

Think - bad idea

via mentalfloss.com/article/54286/100-pieces-advice-100-year-olds

Tags

See also

New and interesting