Blind artist to touch creates a colorful canvas. Delight!

2001 for the American artist John Bramblitta was a turning point. After another attack of epilepsy, John lost his sight. Since then, his eyes can distinguish only light and darkness. And the only escape from his despair was drawing. John has developed his own style: he uses the texture of paint, and which focuses on the canvas.

< Website I have selected 10 of the best works of the artist, who deserve special admiration.

The year 2001 was for John a new page in his career hudozhnika.

"The idea that it is possible to draw without sight, had never occurred to me» .

"A year after I went blind, I began to think that you can do to start painting again» .

"In general, the sense of touch replaces me what to do eye sighted artist» .

"In fact, the eye of the artist performed for only two purposes: to help determine the location of an object on the canvas and choose a color» .

"Eventually, I was able to develop several methods in order to lay down a line on the canvas more precisely» .

"All the bottles and tubes of paint in my studio signed in Braille. To mix the colors I use the recipe that is to measure various parts of each of the desired color to get the right shade. It's like using a recipe for baking a cake ».

"On their first shows, I did not tell people about his blindness» .

"Not because I was ashamed, but because he did not want it to affect their perception of my art» .

Blindness for an artist can be the final point of his career. But not for John Bramblitta. Loss of vision, on the contrary, helped to reveal his genius and limitless possibilities of his talent.

Photo source: John Bramblitt

See also: Creativity blind artists
22 modern masterpiece oil
A kaleidoscope of colors Leonid Afremova

via www.adme.ru/tvorchestvo-reklama/kalejdoskop-krasok-leonida-afremova-371155/

Tags

See also

New and interesting