13 things to keep in mind when life hits you in the head

Each of us is difficult times. And we survived them. Nevertheless, some people deal with them more easily than others. What is their secret? Professor Carol Morgan said, it's all about our attitude to what is happening.

Website has translated it for you an article on 13 things to keep in mind during the difficult times of life.

1. That is what it is

The well-known saying of the Buddha says, "Your suffering is caused by your resistance to what is." Think about it for a minute. This means that suffering is only possible when we refuse to accept what is happening. If you can change something, take action. But if the changes are not possible, then you have two options: to accept the situation and let go of negative or long enthusiasm and passion to suffer.

2. The problem becomes a problem only when you call it so

We often become bitter enemies themselves. Happiness is really a matter of opinion. If you think something is a problem, then your emotions and thoughts are filled with negativity. Think about what lessons you can learn from the situation, and it suddenly ceases to be a problem.

3. If you want to change things, start by changing yourself

Your outer world is a reflection of the inner world. You probably know people whose lives are full of chaos and stress. And unless it is not because they themselves are in a completely random order? We like to think that changing circumstances have changed. In fact, it works in the opposite direction: we need to change ourselves, to change the circumstances.

4. There is no concept of "failure" - only an opportunity to learn something

You just have to delete the word "failure" from your vocabulary. All great men have failed again and again, until successful. It seems that Thomas Edison said: "I have not failed in the invention bulb. I just found 99 ways, it does not work. " Learn something from your so-called failures. Learn how to do it better next time.

5. If you are not getting the desired, then something better is on the way

I know sometimes it's hard to believe. But it's true. Usually, when you look back at your life, you realize that good things happened after that it was impossible. Perhaps the work for which you have not taken, would have alienated you from the family as opposed to the one you got in the end. Just believe that everything is exactly as it should be.

6. Appreciate the moment

He will never come again. In every moment of life is something valuable, do not let it pass you by. Soon everyone will be a memory. Perhaps one day you will be missed even in those moments which now do not seem happy.

7. Release desire

Most people live with "connected intelligence". This means that they attach great importance to their own desires, and if you can not think about it, they fall into the negative emotions. Instead, try to practice "isolated mind": if you want something, you'll still be happy, regardless of whether you wish to receive or not. Your emotions are in this state remain neutral or positive.

8. Understand your fears and be grateful to them

Fear can be a great teacher. And overcoming fear often makes you closer to victory. For example, when I was in college, I was afraid of public speaking. So now it seems funny that I'm not only talking to a group of people on a daily basis, being a teacher, but also learn the art of public speaking. To overcome fear only need practice. Fear - is only an illusion.

9. Allow yourself to experience the joy

Believe it or not, I know too many people who can not afford to have fun. They do not even know how to be happy. Some are so dependent on their internal problems and chaos that have no idea who they are without it. So, try to allow yourself to be happy. Let it be a small point, but it is important to focus on the joy, not the difficulties.

10. Do not compare yourself with others

But if you compare, it is only with those who are worse than you. Unemployed? Be grateful even for the fact that you are getting unemployment benefits. Most people in the world live in extreme poverty. It does not look like Angelina Jolie? I think very few people like her. And you're probably much more attractive than most. Focus on this.

11. You are not a victim

You are only a victim of your own thoughts, words and actions. Nobody does anything for you or against you. You create your own experience. Take personal responsibility and realize that you can survive the difficulties. You just need to start by changing thoughts and actions. Discard the victim mentality and become a winner.

12. Everything can and will change

"And this too shall pass" - one of my favorite sayings. When we are stuck in a bad situation, it seems to us that there is no escape. It seems that nothing will not change. But you know what? The changes will be! Nothing lasts forever, except death. So give up the habit of thinking that everything will remain so forever. Do not stay. But you have to apply some action to change the situation. It will not magically change itself.

13. Anything is possible

Miracles happen every day. It's true. It is a pity that it is impossible in an article to describe all the wonderful things that happened with my friends, - the fourth stage of healing from cancer to a sudden meeting with your partner. This happens all the time. You just need to believe that it happens. One day, believing, you will already be able to win the battle.

via www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/13-things-remember-when-life-gets-rough.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting