A person with Capgras syndrome believe that his close and replaced him double

Brad negative double (delusion or Capgras delusion) - a syndrome of mental health, in which the patient believes that someone from his entourage (husband, wife, parents, and so on. N.) Or himself replaced his double. In the latter case, the patient claims that the bad things that are credited with its authorship, made his double, which is exactly like him. This disease back to a positive double delirium, in which the patient "learns" a person familiar unfamiliar.

The disease is divided into two types: autoskopichesky - when the patient is convinced that he sees double, and, in fact, Capgras delusion - when double is invisible.

First described by the French psychiatrist Joseph Capgras 1923, called "the illusion of twins." But the term "illusion" in psychiatry has a different meaning, so the name did not stick.

A typical case report of Passer and Warnock (1991):

Mrs. D., a married 74-year-old housewife ... believed that her husband was replaced by another strange men. She refused to sleep with an impostor, locked the bedroom and asked her son a gun and entered the fight with the police, who came to her to be hospitalized. Sometimes she believed that her husband was her long-dead father. Other family members, it is easily recognizable.

An example of a patient who believes in the existence of his double, is given in the textbook of psychiatry Samohvalova:

Patient L. says that his misconduct was not his behavior, and his twin, who was tossed and turned out to parents abroad. Now he acts on his behalf, to recruit him. "It is exactly the same as I do, and even dressed the same, but always does things for which I would not dare. You say that this house I broke the window. It is not, at that time I was in a completely different place ยป.

Brad negative counterpart is often associated with other symptoms, or is part of a mental illness, such as schizophrenia and neurological diseases. Some researchers therefore consider it a symptom, not a syndrome.

There is strong evidence to suggest that the cause of delirium double negative, at least in part - in the absence of an emotional response to familiar faces. This ability to recognize faces remains a good (although not always fully preserved). Such a violation opposite prosopagnozii in which the ability to recognize faces is lost, but the familiar faces evoke an emotional response, defined, for example, skin resistance.

Source: ru.wikipedia.org

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting