10 facts about the band Metallica

1. The song «Nothing Else Matters» begins with busting open 1, 2, 3 and 6 strings. James Hetfield began composing her on the phone, because of which he had only one arm free.

2. The song «Wherever I May Roam» quoted in the computer game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. The character "Bandit" utters the phrase: "The Tramp, a wanderer, a nomad, a wanderer - call me what you will» («Roamer, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will»). A "Beastmaster" says: "Where the head of the slope, there and home. You see a stone? This is my pillow »(« Where I lay my head is home. See that rock? That's my pillow »).

3. During the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, the song «Enter Sandman» used in prisons. She lost recalcitrant prisoners to "break their resistance, stuffing their cultural alien music." It is also used for this purpose, American children's songs, including music from the children's TV show "The dinosaur Barney».

4. «Nothing Else Matters» - this is the only song Metallica (except for Cliff Burton bass solo under the name «Anesthesia Pulling Teeth»), recorded without Kirk Hammett. In response to a question of fun in the journal «So What!» James confirmed that recorded all the guitar parts for «Nothing Else Matters» itself.

5. The lyrics for the song «One» was written under the impression from reading Hatfield novel Dalton Trumbo «Johnny Got His Gun» («Johnny gets a weapon"), tells the story of a soldier of World War I, was blown up by a mine, and who lost limbs and senses, but nevertheless continues to live and keep the biological ability to think in such terms. The «One» the listener appear mental picture and feeling horrible man caught in a similar situation. For this song in January 1989 he was made the first video in the history of Metallica.

6. Kirk Hammett says, was written the famous riff «Enter Sandman»: «Soundgarden had just released their Louder Than Love. I tried to catch them working with large, heavy riffs. It was two in the morning, I put the tape and forgot about it. When Lars Ulrich heard the riff, he said: "That's great. Just repeat the first part four times. " And it made it even more catchy ».

7. James Hetfield admitted that the entry (a rising sound of wind instrument), the song «Unforgiven» borrowed from a film in the genre of "Western" and reproduced in the reverse direction, so that it is extremely difficult to learn. Fearing claims from rights holders, the group does not realize that it was for the film. There is an assumption that this is a film of 1965 «For A Few Dollars More» Clint Eastwood, respectively «The Showdown» Ennio Morricone for authorship.

8. In the introduction to the song «Do not Tread On Me» sounds eight bars of the famous song "America", which was written by Leonard Bernstein for "West Side Story».

9. One critic, zonked on «Nothing Else Matters», said Metallica - the only heavy metal band that can listen to a respectable adult, without feeling like his IQ irresistibly strives to zero.

10. The song «Whiskey in the Jar» - famous Irish folk song. The text tells the story of the robber robbed officer and convict after his wife of infidelity. She performed many groups of our time, including U2 and Thin Lizzy, but the version of Metallica is considered one of the most successful and even won the group a Grammy Award in 1998.

Source: www.topmetal.ru

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting