Freddie Mercury recorded vocals «The Show Must Go On» the first time

immortal hit group Queen «The Show Must Go On» is one of the most famous and inspiring songs in the history of rock music. Brian May was one of the few who knew that the health status of Freddie Mercury is rapidly deteriorating. Mei was not even sure that Mercury will be able to fulfill it, since he was already so weak that bad on his feet. He asked about Freddie and he replied: "I'll do it, my dear!" And then went into the studio and recorded his vocals perfectly on the first try.

Brian May told about the case in an interview with CNN in 2000:

«The Show Must Go On, uh, which is the song of Queen, because one day we decided around to give authorship Queen, but this song is like ... I think it is your child, because most of it I wrote near Freddie, who was sitting right here (pointing to a nearby chair), and, uh, it was a great experience, because Freddie while really could not (or would not) express themselves in poetry, except in certain specific cases, and it knew ... He knew that it had to do with what we feel towards him ... And I sang the main vocals for Freddie, and I had to sing mostly in falsetto, because I just could not sing so high, and I went up to Fred: "Well?" - "Normal" - (Fred) I think this is one of the best vocals ever executed Freddie - the original version of The Show Must Go On ... »

blockquote> Mercury died of pneumonia caused by AIDS, November 24, 1991.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting