Japanese soldiers to surrender 28 years

Japanese soldiers Sёyti Yokoi was drafted into the Japanese army in the beginning of the Second World War. In 1943 he was sent to the island SAUM. In 1944, the island was occupied by American troops, so Sёyti was forced into hiding in the jungle with his nine fellow soldiers.

Seven of them left the island in the next two years, and the remaining three, including Sёyti, began to live separately on different parts of the island. After a few years of his former colleagues are dead, and the Japanese had to live on the island alone.

The soldier in the next 28 years, hiding in an underground cave dug his own. He ate rodents and small animals, what could catch, and clothing made from the stems of plants.

January 24, 1972 a man was finally discovered by fishermen. Because of the wild-type soldier was taken for a criminal, arrested and handed over to the authorities. Sёyti When he returned home, he said that the return to Japan alive - it's a real shame for the soldier. Instead, he became a celebrity. His name in later years often glimpsed in the local press, and based on his adventures, even made a film called "Yokoi and his twenty-eight years. The Secret Life on Guam. " In 1991, the celebrity Sёyti awarded an audience with Japanese Emperor Akihito and the rest of his life believed that this is the most significant, that all happened to him for all those years.

Almost before he died, he told about the real reasons that led him to stay in Guam. "I had a difficult childhood, and many of my relatives treated me badly. I'm stuck in the jungle, because I wanted to get even with them, "- said Sёyti.

Sёyti Yokoi died of a heart attack 22 September 1997 at the age of 82 years. He was buried under the slab, ordered the mother to the deceased, as it was then thought, his son back in 1955 year.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting