Act worthy of respect. You would not Believe What Went Under Steve Jobs, to save his life!

Shortly before the death of Apple co-founder current CEO Tim Cook, Steve Jobs offered a fragment of his own liver, but he flatly refused such an operation.

Previously unknown details of Jobs' life were published in the book "Steve Jobs Become» (Becoming Steve Jobs) journalists Brent Schlender (Brent Schlender) and Rick Tetzel (Rick Tetzeli), which should go on sale March 24.

The authors of another biography of Apple co-founder found out that the current CEO and Jobs were more similar to each other than many thought. In 2009, Tim Cook suddenly discovered that he had with Steve same rare blood type.

He began to understand the issue and found that part of the liver of a living person can be transplanted to someone who needs a transplant. About six thousand such operations performed in the US each year, and the percentage of positive outcomes for both the donor and to the recipient, has been extremely high. Liver - the ability to regenerate body. Transplanted the donor fragment over time, will grow to sufficient size, while the body of the recipient once again return to the state before the operation.

From the book "Becoming Steve Jobs»:
When, after a series of tests for compatibility Cook appeared on the doorstep of Jobs in Palo Alto with the good news, he flatly refused the offer.

"He almost immediately interrupted me, even before I had anything to say. "No," he replied. "I'll never let you do that. I'll never do it »."

Cook tried to convince each other, saying that is completely healthy, and transplant surgery he could not hurt, whereas for Jobs it could become a chance for salvation, but Steve was adamant.

"He did not say:" Are you sure you want to do this? "He said:" I'll think about it. " He said: "The state in which I am ..." He said, "No, I will not do it." He jumped up in bed when he said it. It all happened at a time when he was in a terrible state. Steve yelled at me about four or five times in thirteen years that I knew him, and then there was one of them. "

Two years later, Jobs has died from complications of pancreatic cancer, diagnosed him as early as 2003. Many doctors believe that the co-founder of Apple might even fight for his life and died "unreasonably fast».

From the book Schlender and Tetzel also revealed that Jobs and the head of Disney, Bob Iger discussed the possibility of buying Yahoo !, to become part of the search business, is now trapped Google. In addition, the biography says that Apple co-founder said designer John Quince never engaged in the project of the TV, rumors of which cruised in the media in 2013.

Tags

See also

New and interesting