Why should you read? These 10 reasons will convince you immediately pick up a book.

It has long been proved that reading is an excellent way to preserve the clarity of mind throughout life. We read people is much higher chances to build a successful career, they have the best relations in the family, they look younger and live longer.

The journalist, writer and blogger Annie Mueller wrote this confession knigomana, which provides instructions on how to change your life influenced by books. So turn off your TV, remote hide away and read what other there are reasons why you should start reading.

I want to confess. I am dependent. Em>

This is almost my entire life. Ever since I was a child. I should like to ask for help. But I will not. Em>

I just go back to the bookstore. I'll be back to the library. I'll be back to my endless queue of e-books. I'll be back to my crowded shelves. Em>

They know me. They love me. It has everything that I need. Why should I stop? Em>

And why do not you start? When you read the more life changing. Here's how it happens. Em>

1. You will find a safe way to escape from the failures, stress and boredom of their lives. Em>

No need to refer to the tablets or alcohol. Save your money. Buy a book or download a few of the thousands of e-books that are freely available. Wrap in history. Lost in another world. Have moved out of your head to the head of the hero of the book. Em>

It's fast. It is economical. This is mobile: your personal escape route when the world is becoming prohibitively difficult. Em>

And who will look down on you for just reading books? I will not tell anyone what is really going on. I promise. Em>

2. You will find that you have a family. Em>

All right, I know. Do you have parents and possibly brothers and sisters, and even a crowd of aunts, uncles and grandparents. Em>

And maybe no. em>

Maybe you felt alone in this world. Leave. Em>

it your you really feel or just those that did not fit into his own family - you can become an avid reader, and find new relatives. em>

This is a global, fully open and really lovely family. em>

This family of readers. Bibliophiles. Literary addicts. Bibliophiles. Become one of us and you will gain soul mates in every corner of the globe. Of course, we have a signal akin to a family secret handshake. Just get the book and start reading. This is all that is required. Em>

We will see you. em>

We learn. em>

We are always near when you will need. em>

3. You will become part of the global conversation timeless. Em>

Books - is the way in which the past speaks to us. It is also a way of communication between cultures, countries, social classes and groups. Em>

Books allow us to enter into other worlds of life and unobtrusively, but with a full immersion. em>

Yes, it's amazing. em>

You never wanted to be someone else, go somewhere else, to experience something that you could not experience in their own lives? em>

All this is in the books. Are you still waiting for? Em>

4. You will learn to speak beautifully. Em>

Reading is the most painless way to fill up your vocabulary, improve spelling and grammatical competence to expand. em>

Read more, and you can smugly chuckle when your friends are mistakes in the status of social networks. You'll be able to correct them. You'll be grammatically Tyrant, as always dreamed of. Em>

5. You'll love turns, stops and waiting rooms. Em>

This could be a turning point in your life, really. Instead of impatiently shifting from foot to foot, panting and sighing or express your anger and frustration any socially acceptable way, you can just ... read. Em>

You just took out an interesting book out of his pocket or bag, and you appear entertainment, communication and intellectual stimulation - all in one bottle. em>

My girlfriend says that reading gives it "the ability to be happy at any time, in any place, even when the waiting lasts intolerably long time». em>

This is a super power, which everyone needs. em>

6. You will become a more pleasant person. Em>

Maybe you do not really and want to become more pleasant, but the surrounding exactly will not mind. em>

Maybe you've never been a victim of racism, violence or poverty. Perhaps you do not know what it is - to suffer from unrequited love. Perhaps you easier to criticize than to sympathize with. Em>

Read will not change it completely (my "kritikometr" still in good condition, and that after decades of continuous reading), but it will help you think twice before condemning. em>

and empathize without hesitation. em>

Because when you experience other lives through the book, you start to see the other life in the world around you. Life that you did not know before. Em>

Do you appear a little more understanding. A little more interest. A little less "us versus them" and much more "we are all together». Em>

7. You learn a lot. Em>

Even if you read science fiction, you can learn quite a lot about the cultural influence, relationships, history, fear, human psychology, the various manifestations of the spirit, the consequences of the war, the way in which the robots take over the world, and tricks that make superheroes manage to keep their coats clean. em>

This is all very useful information. em>

Want to know more? Read the scientific and popular literature. Biographies, history, books on current events. Just kidding, books on current events can miss. Instead, they read historical literature, so you'll know a lot more about the present. Em>

Philosophy. Psychology. Memoirs. Books "do it yourself". If you are interested in something, you'll be able to find a book about it. Or an entire section of the book. Em>

And if you can not find, maybe you should write it? em>

8. You will find that he was more stupid than I thought. Em>

in a time when you have not been dependent on reading, you felt that you judge fairly open mind, right? em>

Come on, admit it. I will not laugh. Em>

Do you think you know a lot, you have a broad view of life and a fairly accurate idea of ​​how the world works. Then you began to read. Em>

Maybe the first books are not so changed the situation. They probably kept you safe in the comfort zone. And then one of the new member of your family reading advise you something. Em>

«You have to read it," - he said. - "It's great. True ». Em>

You did so. em>

And then you realized that you seemed so familiar, really known what you were 200% sure, in fact, not so. And then you felt like your brain begins to crack. Em>

And when crack hit the light, you see the true state of your mind: the dim, dusty, crowded lots of assumptions. em>

You read on, and becomes more and more cracks. One after another, these assumptions disappears. Light becomes larger. The air is purified. Em>

You started to settle in your mind different things: pictures, talking, ideas and information. Poetry. Fragments of life that you have lived through books. Emotions that did not belong to you, but that you feel like your own. Real things in the real world instead of the garbage assumptions and expectations. Em>

9. You will discover a creative principle. Em>

When you fill your mind with fresh material of all these books, something wonderful begins to happen. em>

Your mind will wake up. em>

In fact, creativity - is the ability to create links. All those people whose ingenuity we admire, is engaged in the creation of relationships. They have an extensive database, and they do not worry about the separate storage of information. They allow poetry seep into science. They allow faith and stories hang together. Em>

They understand that the categories can overlap one another. We used to hang labels on things, it gives us the illusion of understanding, but it is often counterproductive. Em>

Reading helps break tags. em>

Reading helps you fill in mind any number of sources and to allow all the wonderful things mingle and create something new. em>

10. You will develop imagination and cease to be afraid to be weird. Em>

When you read a book that is the product of someone's imagination, you begin to have more confidence in their own and use it. em>

What a great idea - to use the brain in all its crazy, frightening, tremendous potential. em>
Reading will help you in this. If you think you are strange, just start to read something from the field of science fiction and surrealism (or surrealistic fiction), and soon you will feel the most normal person in the world. Em>

Of course, you will want to read more. And you'll do it. And then your own imagination mix old with real life, add it to your unique collection of information, experience and education. Who knows where this will lead? Em>

Do not you want to know? em>

So why do you still have not opened the book? em>

And remember - the people who read the books will always be controlled by those who watch TV! Motivates, is not it? I immediately wanted to pick up a book nedochitannuyu yesterday. And buy a couple of dozen in addition to it.

Share this confession with their friends, even if they will find a reason to start reading!

via takprosto cc

Tags

See also

New and interesting