5 phrases in a cover letter, because of which you will not get a job.

Cover letter - this is an additional chance to prove himself, but many applicants they somehow neglected. Instead write original, convincing explanation why they should hire, most rely on hackneyed jargon and cliches, which immediately makes an indistinguishable from hundreds of others. If you want to beat the competition right from the start - try to avoid the following expressions.

1. "Dear (th)»

After reading this appeal, a prospective employer will immediately understand that you do not need it. Laziness - it is not the quality for which the company will be at your hunt.

According to one of the leading experts on the career development of Mary Ellen Slater 'impersonal appeal shows that the applicant has not found time to wonder who exactly he writes. " We advise you to work a little to find out the name of the recipient.

2. "I would like to get a job ...»

I hope that your letter is attached to the alarm, because the reader is already asleep. Unfortunately, many cover letters begin the same way. If Dickens began "A Tale of Two Cities" is not with the famous phrase: "It was the best of all time, it was the worst of all time", and "Dear reader, before you a very long book," hardly anyone to read more than one page.

Of course, writing a novel is not necessary, but to tell the anecdote is pertinent. Even in our time, when the data is processed by the computer, at some stage of your letter read live person. There is an intriguing story? Start with your strengths! If you love the product or company is, in chëm a great expert - start with this, to engage the recipient.

3. "I think I'm the perfect candidate for this position»

Firstly, it twice is silly. The words "believe", "I feel" and "believe" in the business environment is not listed. And do not judge you, ideally you come or not. By the way, starting a sentence with "I", you sound more confident than using those "weak" verbs. As for the assertion that you are the ideal candidate, the better to show why you fit these requirements.

4. "I am an effective team player»

This stuff can be omitted and replaced by transfer of real accomplishments and indicators. Admit it, that the phrase "the involvement of readers has grown by 17%" sounds much better than "team player." Do not forget to also mention what you did in a previous job and what was the result for the company. Avoid excessive use of the pronoun "I". It's like a romantic connections - too much talking about yourself, you can create the impression of indiscreet person.

5. "I so enjoy your company ...»

There is another extreme: the candidates devote most of the covering letter of his love for the potential employer. It looks silly when passes certain limits. Nobody likes sycophants.

Remember that the cover letter - a chance to present themselves in a favorable light. Use it right! We hope our article will be useful not only to you but also your friends. Dream job - it's real!

via takprosto cc

Tags

See also

New and interesting