He could not find work, and changing one letter in the summary. What ensued - just amazing!

His name is Jose Zamora (José Zamora). For a long time he could not find work. Jose was looking for a suitable job online. Amazingly, every day he sent letters to about 50-100 with your resume to employers.

What is even more surprising, Zamora has not received any reply! Jose decided to do an interesting trick. He ruled from his name the letter «s». Thus Jose Zamora (José Zamora) Zamora became Joe (Joe Zamora). A week later, according to the guy, his mailbox was filled with letters from inviting him for an interview employers.

As he explains in the video, the name "Joe" absolutely nothing has changed, everything changed a change of just one letter. Just Zamora managed to "whiten" his name.

Numerous studies have shown that employers consciously or unconsciously discriminate against people with "black" or Latin American names. The experiments showed that the candidates for the vacant position with the European names of up to 50% more likely to receive the desired position than applicants with exotic names.

«I had to remove only a single letter of his name, to get a job, i> - says Zamora, even adding: - I think that people often do not realize that judge a man by what -or characteristics, for example, in my case - by name. And we tried the other way, consciously or not ». I>

It is striking how strong ingrained prejudices of some people. Do not judge others. Share this interesting story with your friends!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR7SG2C7IVU

Tags

See also

New and interesting