This 98-year-old grandfather recently put its form on Veterans Day ... And left the world with honor.

There are people for whom the concept of honor above all else. And when you see such a person, you realize that before you - a strong spirit of a person, even though the age or social status. This 98-year veteran remained true to his his uniform until the end.

"Green Beret" Justus "Jay" Belfild met his last Veterans Day in full regalia.

Belfild served in the Army 16 years and put on the form for each Veteran's Day. Too weakened to take part in the festivities in the city center, Master Sergeant Retired asked to put on a form, even despite the fact that he was confined to bed for the day.

Member of World War II, died in the early morning, just a few hours after the Veterans Day. An employee of the Baptist Center for Rehabilitation and Health Care Christine Camp was a Belfildom and his wife Lillian: «I saw how he breathes, and I leaned over to him and looked into his eyes and said:" Happy Veterans! Thank you for your service! "», I> - she said later.

Belfild perfectly speaks German and French, and even fought in the Korean War, participated in the celebrations with his wife Lillian a year before the death.

Death Justus Belfilda definitely became very sad news for his family. Nevertheless, the family can be proud of his grandfather, who lived and died with honor.

Share the story of a veteran with his friends - even if they find out about this man of valor!

via ofigenno ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting