You will not believe, but there are people! -67 ° C in January - the coldest country in the world.

If you think that the winter has already come to your town, the photos of Oymyakon - the coldest village on earth - will change your opinion. With fixed in 1933 -67 temperature 7 ° C and average January temperature of -50 °, this village is the coldest permanently inhabited settlement in the world. New Zealand photographer Amos Cheppl decided to get out of Yakutsk (the coldest major city) a couple of days in Oymyakon to capture camera lens there the everyday life of the inhabitants.

«I was wearing thin pants, when I went outside in -47 °. I remember it feeling like the cold takes hold my feet. Another surprise was that sometimes my spittle froze in the needles that pricked his lips » i> - he said later. The photographer said that the most difficult was not the cold itself, but the fact that the zoom ring and focus his camera instantly froze in the cold.

Central Market Yakutsk full of meat and fish, while the crops here simply do not grow.

«road of bones" - the only way to Oymyakon. The journey from Yakutsk - 2 days. B>

sign at the entrance says: "Oymyakon, the Pole of Cold».

A woman walks past the frozen building in the center of the village.

thick wool warms these dogs.

Most of the toilets are situated in the courts, because the frozen ground leaves no room for the installation of sewerage systems.

Local farmer keeps his cows in heat, locking them in the barn.

The only store in Oimyakon provide residents with everything you need.

Machinery can be placed only in the heated garage. Those that are on the street, have to work, otherwise they simply can not zavedutsya morning. B>

coal-fired boiler provides heat to residents.

As you can see, people can adapt to all weather conditions. Judging from the photos Oimyakon residents, they are quite happy with their lives. By the way, Ojmjakon - quite a popular tourist destination. Many people pay money to test themselves and try to live in such conditions, a week or two. And you would be able to?

www.amoschapplephoto.com/

Tags

See also

New and interesting