Bezhidzhabny Iranian potestit

For women living in Iran, head covering, or hijab headscarf is not just a religious ritual, and applicable law. If someone decides to violate the law, that law enforcement officials have a right to arrest violators.

Iranian women have always protested against such strict rules, but now they have started quite active struggle in the vast social networks. The best known such a page - a group on Facebook called "My hidden freedom».

Iranian journalist Masih Alinedzhad now living in Brooklyn, is fighting for the freedom to choose for themselves and others iranok. She created this group in order to give them the opportunity to tell their stories. And they took advantage of this opportunity.

in this group posted a lot of photos and video in which the girls show off their hair without covers. They all share a common goal - to ensure that women in Iran could choose: to cover their hair or not.

They believe that wearing the hijab - is a tribute to the culture and religion a private matter. For it can not be punished in the same way as in other countries are not being punished for choosing the style of clothing or makeup. But while in real life it remains a dream, the girls will continue to show your photos on the web.

Alinedzhad says it just wants to feel the wind in your hair.

«Look how free are the two girls who are not wearing the hijab!» i>

«As a child I always envied his brother. It was for me a symbol of freedom, because he could do all the things that were strictly forbidden me ». I>

Some progress is still seen in Iran. In January this year, the government rejected the law, which was to tighten control over the behavior of women, especially for wearing the hijab. But at the same time changing so strict against women law power is not going to.

«Iran can not be just black or just white. Iran - that's me and my mother. She wants to wear the hijab, I do not want to wear it. Iran must take both of us ». I>

To date, the group "My hidden freedom" joined by more than 820,000 people. Most of them - Iranian girls who just want to feel the wind in your hair.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNdwFftpndM

Tags

See also

New and interesting