Will Apple make electric vehicle in conjunction with the BMW?

Why not i>

According to unconfirmed reports, the company Apple is going to enter the market electric, and to this end will cooperate with one of the largest car manufacturers, BMW. A logical step, given that all of Apple's devices should look good and expensive.

Apple has several years developing CarPlay (former iOS in the Car) - systems and standards that will make it possible to work under the car multimedia center running iOS. It is possible that the laurels of Tesla, with the help of generous state support of investment and serious rapidly selling their cars, prompted by Apple in the direction of creating your own car.

BMW has its own electric i3 - its concept was introduced in 2011, and sales began in 2013. In 2014, he was the third in the list of best-selling electric vehicles in the world. This is the first car of their future series «BMW i». Among the distinctive features - the use of carbon fiber as a material body (polymer reinforced with carbon fiber). This significantly reduces the weight of the machine, and thus increases the maximum range per charge.

The body is made of carbon fiber i3 i>

Though the car is a kind of mobile device, do it from scratch a little harder than a smartphone. So Apple does not dismiss the possibility of acquiring the finished project, or perhaps manufacturing cars under the order. Tim Cook and his colleagues have already visited the завод BMW's Leipzig , where do i3, and were extremely impressed with the results of the trip.

"Director of Apple admired the way we have abandoned the traditional approach to the manufacture of cars and started from scratch, - said the representative of BMW. - This echoes the methods that they use in their ».

It is too early to judge whether it will be a visit to a repetition of the historical moment when Jobs was in Palo Alto, in the laboratory of Xerox, and saw the first prototype of a graphical user interface.

The factory BMW i>

По reportedly knowledgeable individuals , Apple wants to release his first yablomobil 2020 - at that time BMW has already going to do crossovers from their hybrid cars. In addition, the company does not get tired to experiment: it simultaneously develops a car fuel cell , and tests its robomobili . Experts believe that in a couple of generations of car models by 2030 year, only a third of all cars will run on internal combustion engines.

According to some analysts, Apple may, in order to optimize the process, just to buy a company BMW. The market capitalization of the company from Cupertino is currently almost $ 700 billion (as of available funds from the company account for up to $ 200 billion), while, as the Bavarians are estimated only slightly less than $ 60 billion. Especially as rumored, some BMW owners have for some time considered the possibility of selling their shares.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/259690/

Tags

See also

New and interesting