What if each tree give email

In 2013, the government spent cataloging Melbourne 70,000 city trees (see. map of all the trees). Each of them was given a personal ID and the corresponding email address. According to the idea, because the citizens will be easier to promptly report potential problems, such as dangerous hanging branches.

The result of the experiment was a surprise even for the City Hall. Instead report problems, residents of Melbourne began sending letters to the trees! Since that time, we received тысячи such letters .

"My dear Ulmus - begins one of the letters the green elm. - Today when I left the college St. Mary, I was struck not branch, and your radiant beauty. Perhaps you receive such letters permanently. After all, you are so beautiful ».

In letters to the trees, you can find a declaration of love, congratulations and even banal philosophical discourse.

"Hello, tree! - A letter to the Red Cedar (tree ID 1058295) - Are you worried that the Greek crisis affect you? Do I have to allow the Greeks to remain in the European Union? - Sincerely, Troy ».

"This mail correspondence shows how much melburntsy love their trees" - says Arron Wood (Arron Wood), Adviser on Environment Melbourne. Recently, the committee published a few fragments of letters, hiding display names for privacy.

A fragment of a letter to one more to green elm (a tree ID 1037148): "I'm sorry, that soon you'll have to get away from us. I feel sad when trucks hurt and damage your low hanging branches. You're just tired of this building, as we do? »

Interactive map Melbourne trees i>

Letter to the Canary oak (tree ID 1032705): "Dear Canarian oak. Thank you for giving us oxygen. Thank you, you're so pretty. I do not know where I would be, if you do not pick up my carbon dioxide (probably in paradise). Stay strong, stand high above the crowd. You continue to give us a gift. We are going to discuss the wildlife, but we do not have free time and, unfortunately, we have other priorities. Hopefully someday the environment will become our priority ».

Product tree Melbourne - one of many projects in different cities around the world, designed to improve communication between the city authorities and citizens. As a result, people's lives should be better.

For example, in Chicago, there are tracker pits on the road , following the example of the famous Russian project " a href = "http://rosyama.ru/"> RosYama . As it turns out, these crowdsourcing projects cause a ready response in humans: they enthusiastically send the coordinates of the potholes in the road and contribute to the common cause. For road services work is also easier in theory.

Perhaps the proliferation of smart sensors and augmented reality process will become even more intense and simple. All the world will, in a sense, "digitized". Information about the same potholes on the road can be automatically collected from sensors vehicle suspension connected to the Internet.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/253362/

Tags

See also

New and interesting