5 mistakes when speaking TO BE AVOIDED

To be a welcome companion in addition to a variety of interests and eloquence, you will need also a little bit of restraint in order to avoid some of the mistakes.

"This skill interlocutor is not only to utter the right words in the right place, but also to refrain from unnecessary words, even when I want to say them".
~ Dorothy Neville, television presenter and writer

Communication skills are very important. It is necessary to constantly develop and improve. How interesting it will communicate with you, the more opportunities open to you.

But in order to become a welcome companion, in addition to a variety of interests and eloquence, you will need also a little bit of restraint in order to avoid some of the mistakes.

Here are 5 key mistakes during the conversation that must be avoided:

1. Bragging
Some people believe that bragging large jobs, they will be able to impress others. This is partly true. They impress others ... fools. Smart same people find them empty and uninteresting. When someone consciously trying to elevate himself - it catches the eye and usually such efforts produce the opposite effect.

2. Too much advice
All people love to give advice. This is not surprising. When someone tells you about their problems - the first thing that comes to mind - is to support, to express their views, share experiences, but sometimes you just need a person to talk to. Learn to refrain from commenting, in situations where you feel that they may be unnecessary. Usually people do ask for advice, if it is really necessary. In this case, try not to overdo it. Too active advisor part may seem fixated on himself clever, who believes that he knows all the answers. Those who are faced with a real problem, such know-all annoying.

3. "And I ... and I ... and I ..."
There are people who can discuss only one topic - a favorite. Any dialogue they turn into a monologue about themselves. It's annoying. Here are a couple of the most common ways to put the stigma disgusting interlocutor:

Constantly interrupt interlocutors in mid-sentence with the phrase: "What's that, that's mine!" And begins to tell his story.
During the dialogue, instead of listening to the interlocutor, just wait for your turn to speak.
Try to translate any talk on the topic of interest to you and continue to desperately cling to it even after it dries up.
Hang out too much.
4. Gossip
We decided to discuss with the new acquaintance hideous outfit ladies opposite, dirty hair mutual friend or your neighbor's latest novel? Then do not be surprised if it will be your last conversation with this person. Gossiping and discussing others - a lesson for everybody. Of course, this kind of talk give a sense of superiority over others, but at the same time, they include a lot of negative things. They are boring, useless and leave behind an unpleasant aftertaste. In addition, if you are happy to discuss other, the other person can easily think it's worth it and you take away for it - it will kill any desire to communicate with you.

5. The fear of making a mistake
One of the biggest mistakes in conversation - is the constant fear of making a mistake. When a person is too focused on how to impress a pleasant companion, it immediately catches the eye - he picks up every word, and his thoughts are concentrated somewhere deep inside, not on the dialog. It should be easier. Think about what you say and say what you think.

How do you avoid these mistakes? The answer is simple. Less hung up on me. All the above problems are rooted in too much attention to his own Ya Do not let your ego go beyond and enjoy communication.

Tags

See also

New and interesting