5 lessons on how to treat PEOPLE

Several instructive stories that will give us an important lesson in how to relate to people

1. Know the name of the cleaner
When I was on the second level of the Institute, our professor gave us a written test. I was a diligent student, and therefore the answer to all questions except the last one: "What is the name the woman, cleans our body institution?»

I thought it was some kind of joke. Well, yes, I have several times seen our cleaning lady. She was tall, dark-haired woman in her early 50, but how could I know her name? I passed the test, and not giving an answer to this question. Before the end of the session, one student asked if the question be considered in the final evaluation of fielding.

"Of course," the professor said. "For what you did not accept the job, you absolutely have to communicate with many people, and among them those who are not really important. They deserve your attention and care, even if it is the usual greeting ».

I carried this lesson throughout his life. And I learned that the woman's name was Dorothy.

2. Do not leave the person to get wet in the rain
One day, at 23:30 exactly one elderly black woman stood on the side of the road in Alabama in the pouring rain. Her car broke down, but she did not really need to get to your destination - come what may. She decided to try to stop the car - although coming under the rain, soaked through immediately.

Soon the car stopped, out of which came a young white man, immediately agreed to help her - a thing unheard of in total conflict 60s. The man not only drove her to the place, but also helped her to dry, and even called a taxi.

Although the woman somewhere in a hurry, she still found time to thank him and to ask his name and address. And after seven days at the door of the men was a knock. As he was surprised when he saw that there was a box with a huge flat screen TV.

In a letter attached to the box, it was written: "Thank you for helping me while on the road. The rain soaked through not only my clothes, but also hope. And then you came along. And thanks to you, I still had time to see his dying husband before his death. Thank you for helping me without expecting anything in return. Sincerely, Mrs. Nat King Cole. ».

3. Do not forget about those who waited on you
In those days when an ice cream with chocolate worth much less than it is now, one boy of ten came in the cafe at the restaurant and sat down at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him. "How much is an ice cream with chocolate?" - He asked. "50 cents" - said the waitress.

The boy rummaged in his pocket, took out a coin and move them.

"And how much is the usual ice cream?" - He asked. By this time another table village a few others, and the waitress began to lose patience. "35 cents!" - She snapped.

The boy again counted the coins. "Then I usually please," - he said. The waitress brought him ice cream, account, and left. Boy eating ice cream, paid the cashier and walked out of the cafe.

When the waitress came back over the table and began to wipe it, she almost burst into tears. Under an empty plate were two coins - ten and five cents. The boy gave up ice cream with chocolate, to leave her a tip.

4. Blow any obstacles in your way
Long ago in a distant land the king ordered it to put in the middle of a busy road the huge boulders. Once he hid on the sidelines to see if anyone remove it from the road. First on the road to drive a few courtiers and wealthy merchants in coaches - they are all just a stone traveled, many more loudly denounced the king for being on the roads near the capital going like lewdness, but no one did anything to remove a stone from the road.

After all of them on the road there was a farmer, carrying on his back a sack of vegetables. Going to the cobbles, he put the bag on the ground, and tried to push a stone to the sidelines. He had to work hard for it, but still in the end he succeeded. And once again he shouldered the bag on his shoulders, he saw that a retracted cobblestone is a purse full of gold coins, and a letter from the king, in which he gave the purse and its contents to anyone who removes a stone from the road. The farmer realized that many of us fail to understand ever - "Every obstacle - an opportunity to improve our position».

5. Give when needed
Many years ago when I worked as a volunteer in the hospital, I met a little girl named Lisa, suffers from a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of escape was a blood transfusion from her 5-year-old brother, who already had the disease, and developed antibodies that can cope with it. The doctor explained to her brother that you need from him, and asked if he was ready to give his blood sister. He hesitated no more than a second, and then said: "If it will save her life, I agree».

When there was a transfusion, it looked like all of us, the way to his sister's pale cheeks flushed back and smiling ... But then he suddenly frowned and asked the doctor in a trembling voice: "I'm going to die»?

When we learned that the boy had misunderstood the doctor, and decided that in order to save his sister, he had to give all his blood.

Eric Allen Bell

Tags

See also

New and interesting