Vietnamese farmers have made solar-powered boat

Four Vietnamese farmer from Dong Thap Province in the Mekong Delta with their hands raised лодку Solar . Homemade Design has a silent electric motor that propels the boat up to 20 km / h. The accumulated charge is enough for three hours after sunset.

Imagine how nice ride on the river in silence, when around you only hear the rustle of the waves.

Farmers say that the idea of ​​creating such a boat was born from a desire to save on fuel. In addition, it is convenient to hunting: the boat is silent scares surrounding birds.

The design consists of two solar panels, two batteries and engine with five gears for forward and two for the rear.

When four local residents undertook this project, nobody believed in the success. They worked without a project and technical documentation. For days they spent in the garden, collecting items together, and sometimes taking a boat on the water for the experiment, and to once again replace the failed thruster.

One of the four friends Liem Huynh Thien (Huynh Thien Liem) earned the installation of solar panels in remote areas of Vietnam, where there is no electricity. He proposed to establish such a panel on the boat to his friend, the well-known in the neighborhood mechanic. "I was afraid that he would reject the idea - says Liem - but he slapped his thigh and said that he thought about it for a long time».

To work, they invited another friend, who sold homemade propellers, and assistant engineer. Thus, one member of the team responsible for the solar panels, the other for the screw, and two more - for the mechanics.

Through trial and error masters still managed to build a workable structure on which they soon traveled on the river happy without spending a dime on diesel fuel.

May 31, 2015 with a visit to the farmers has welcomed high-level delegation of local officials. They tested the boat and said that would like to book several similar models for tourists in Tram Chim National Park.

In fact, the idea to build a solar-powered boat is not new. There are several companies who are professionally engaged in this. For example, Tamarack and Other .

The boat Tamarack i>

Catamaran Solaris a $ 60,000 i>

Boat Roiro Whisper 55 i>

But the remarkable fact that to make such a vehicle may even craftsmen with their own hands, without any help, and even without the project documentation.

By the way, brief instructions on making this boat even has on YouTube . In principle, everything is quite simple.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/251770/

Tags

See also

New and interesting