Sales elektroskuter with replaceable battery will begin this summer

Render scooter i>

The Taiwanese company Gogoro the summer планирует begin deliveries electric scooter Smartscooter. A distinctive feature of the two-wheeled vehicle will be able to quickly change the batteries. To do this, will be built a network of special stations, each of which will be the size of a typical ATM. Test drives begin as early as this week.

The real product i>

Ideas to make electric transportation with replaceable batteries are not yet spread. Elon Musk is still only plans to make such vehicles and specialized plant to replace their batteries. The concept of such stations was presented to Tesla back in 2013, but has not yet been realized. In particular, the problem creates the need for special expensive equipment such stations. While such solutions for electric vehicles does not exist. Startup Better Place , which appeared in 2008, first tried to put this idea in life. They have made electric cars, built a few dozen stations replacing the batteries, but the result is only sold 1,500 vehicles in connection with which ceased operations in 2013.

Scene from the movie - replacement batteries i>

But in the case of scooters, everything is much simpler: the battery does not weigh more than 10 pounds. Judging by the commercials, the replacement of two batteries scooter takes a few seconds. Must be removed from under the seat dead batteries, insert them into the Charging Station, and scooter set already charged. Thus, the questions are taken and the time of charging the battery - it no longer plays a role, if you can just change the battery for five seconds.

The cost of small stations for charging / replacement must not exceed $ 10,000. Moreover, such storage station will appreciate certain renewable energy suppliers. The problem of this energy in the impermanence of its production - and thus excess need somewhere to keep. Scooter stations can carry the storage function of the energy.

Inside the body i>

The project was developed in total secrecy in 2011. The Director-General Gogoro - designer Horace Luke, who previously worked in HTC, Nike and Microsoft. And in the beautiful appearance of the scooter does not refuse. Performance Claims also pleased: acceleration to 50 km / h in 4.2 seconds, top speed - 96 km / h, the drag coefficient - 0.72.

The company is headquartered in Taipei and has decided to start its activities from there thanks in part to the desire of the city to be at the forefront of modern technology. The city has an area of ​​250 sq.km. With more than 10,000 public Wi-Fi points, and more than 90% of homes have internet. Also influence the choice of a government program to provide generous subsidies to support electric vehicles. Not the last role was to play and climate together with the passion of Asians to two-wheeled vehicles.

Unfortunately, the cost of the scooter and the cost of replacing the batteries have not been determined.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/248100/

Tags

See also

New and interesting