Footballer published scientific articles on mathematics

Forward Team NFL Baltimore Ravens Urshel John (John Urschel), known on Twitter as MathMeetsFball , having a bachelor's degree in mathematics, published scientific article «Cascade multigrid algorithm for computing the Fiedler vector Kirchhoff matrix».

Summary

The cascade multigrid algorithm for computing the Fiedler vector Kirchhoff matrix
In this paper, we show a cascade multigrid algorithm for fast computation Fiedler vector Kirchhoff matrix, namely, the eigenvector corresponding to the eigenvalue. As stated, this vector has applications in areas such as partitioning and style graphs. The algorithm is a purely algebraic approach based on the scheme of consolidation boundaries (heavy edge coarsening) and point smoothing for clarification. To obtain a theoretical framework, we also consider a related cascade multigrid method in the geometric form for elliptic problems and show its uniform convergence under certain assumptions. Numerical tests are presented for the calculation of the vector Fiedler on multiple columns, and they demonstrate the efficiency and optimality of our proposed cascade multigrid algorithm ». Blockquote> I must say that this is not the first published scientific articles Urshela math. It was published before. In addition, the footballer has outstanding abilities in chess.

Generally, this is a very interesting person. With a multi-million bank account, John Urshel lives modestly, goes the old hatchback Nissan Versa and, according to him, spend no more than $ 25 thousand. Year: "It's not because I'm frugal or saving up money for a large purchase, - explains it - and because my most favorite things in the world (mathematics, study the game of chess) require very little cost. "

Source: geektimes.ru/post/247688/

Tags

See also

New and interesting