As the best of intentions can lose a sensible man or a little on the delegation

Problem management, as we know, is not that men are mortal, and that they suddenly mortal. If all of dismissal, motivation and demotivation could have been foreseen and lay the plan, managers would feel very comfortable.

Life, however, richer, and on this subject there is a small story that happened 10 years ago, when the protagonist of the story colleague slavapankratov yet not only wrote his "Black Book Manager" , but have not even thought about business coaching and modest work team leader in testing actively growing outsourcing company glorious city of Kiev.

(It will be the first person.)

Our team just came new tester Alex. Lesch I immediately liked, firstly by being calm like a tank, well and was even more than I do, which is obviously a plus when dealing with developers.

And so we went to the daily morning meetings. Since I have been working for a long time boys, all autonomous nuclear submarines, then I just do everyone a given direction, "you - there you are - there. you - here. "I turned to Lesha:

- Lesh, then see how we've got everything arranged. Earth - the third planet from the sun ... blockquote> And then I start to tell in detail what we have done as what tools, where to look, and so

Look, it's something frowns. And that, in general, an unpleasant picture - remember, it more than me. Well, I think maybe the mood is not very much. In short, all he dorasskazal, set the task. Alex sailed into the workplace.

Sit, think, give him some more duplicates letter to people just did not miss anything. Wrote a letter on page 3 - sent. In response - silence.

Icq (there was then a Skype):

- Lesh, you took the challenge?
- Well.
- And you tell me about it as you can say something?
- Why?
- Well, what do you agree with the assessment of the time that I was in this course.
- I mean?
Blockquote> I understand that somewhere we have something different understandings. Come to Lesha. I say:

- Lesch, I've set myself the task, I put in the same period of its execution.
- Well.
- You can be not agree with him?
- Of course.
- A task start doing?
- Of course.
- Wait, wait. So I put to you the task to paint this wall here in the green for an hour. Dame maaaalenky brush and gouache jar.
- Well.
- You start to do?
- Of course.
- So I'll then come, I will swear that the task is not made
- (Happily - apparently, everything came together) Well!
Blockquote> In short, what has transpired. Alex used to work in the company created by former military. Obviously, his colleagues had no idea, "agrees with the assessment of the task" or "does not agree with the assessment of the task." Orders are orders.

Okay, here with Lesha understood, I have gained another useful knowledge about the fact that when you hire an employee, stand behind him as Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors: colleagues, managers, projects, companies, parents. And all these people it has something to teach and formed therein any reaction.

It takes a month. We all now with their families went to the Kiev Sea (not for people of Kiev: it is a reservoir, but very large). Celebrate something momentous.

My wife somehow cleverly with all zaznakomilas. And, in particular, with Lesha's wife. Half an hour later approach:

- Hey, boss, come here. Alex was going to retire.
- What? !!! (How did something like that is just all decided work ...)
- Take a beer, go Decide.
Blockquote> I went to Lesha beer:

- Lech, what are you doing, going to go?
- Well, yes.
- Why?
- [Pause] What are you to me as a boy Down ?!
- I mean? ..
- Well, planning meetings, you're fine with the guys: you - there you are - there, and as a boy I chew-down for half an hour all the tasks. And this is before the boys ...
- So I'll, because you're a new man, that all was clear.
- So it's okay, because you train and then another letter to achieve. I'm not stupid!
- ... (And I realize that from his point of view, it might look like.)
Blockquote>

What conclusions can we draw from this story: h5>
 1. Women understand each other much faster than men.

2. (18+) Beer is definitely expanding communication channels, which allows us to understand each other better. Sometimes, however, increases the level of aggression, but it could be as lucky.

3. When you start working with the new person would be good to choose the right level of delegation and explain to the person right away, why did you choose this level ("we're used to not working").

4. In formulating the problem would be good to progovovarivat type and frequency of monitoring and explain Why choose such type and frequency ("critical task", "we're used to such problems did", ..).

(On a personal note that paragraph 4 is missing the vast majority of managers - especially when the type and frequency of control do not change due to the change of man, and because of the fact that the problem has changed.)

March 2 - More details about the same topic in the online conference PRO + SKILLS h5> March 2 in the framework of our online conference " a href = "http://stratoplan.ru/proskills/"> PRO + Skills think we just cover it in detail in a small 2-hour report "Man snowflake or 4 major mistakes delegation".

If it is possible - come, will be glad to see you. Conference fee (980 rubles. For 4 days). With that money you can buy a half proprietary charging for iPhone or here to deal finally with the theme of delegation and three other useful skills, articles which we will publish next week.

P.S. If interested continuation of the story, then Alex was working in a team. Then went the way of the main characters. Alex now works as the head of a large account in one of the largest outsourcers.

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/stratoplan/blog/251179/

Tags

See also

New and interesting