Secret testament Masters

On hearing the diagnosis, doctors unsubscribe husband a few days of life, and Bulgakov lived for six months. All this time, until the forces finally left him, he was working on a novel. On a folder in which to store the manuscript, made the inscription: "Append before you die!". Blind, in delirium, with the temperature 42 degrees, he continued to dictate his wife corrections to "master».
Before his death, put it in the hands of the manuscript with the words: "I trust ... To know ...»

The novel was published only in the late 1960s - then the "Masters" published in the journal "Moscow". In abbreviated form, but still ...
One evening, when Bulgakov, despite his illness, was still able to speak, he said Elena Sergeevne that wants to make a will and let it be the following lines: the man who would come to him, Bulgakov, after will be published the novel " The Master and Margarita ", will come a day when Bulgakov burned the first draft of the novel, and put flowers on the grave - that person must receive a certain percentage of the fee from the author ... It was another, though bitter joke Bulgakov. But Elena promised her husband that she will fulfill his will.

March 10, 1940 Mikhail Bulgakov died. And nearly thirty years later, in the spring of 1969, the morning after the demolition of the last house in Moscow already disappeared by the time Okhotny, which was the first "Stereoscopic" at Novodevichy Cemetery young man appeared. He was alone. And he was looking grave. Its exact place he did not know. Just remember that the man buried in a cherry orchard not far from the grave of Anton Chekhov, among the graves of the oldest artists of the Art Theatre. Yet the young man had found what he was looking for. Later he learned that the black with greenish spongy stone gravestone lying on the grave before was at the grave of Gogol - a writer whose deceased loved and which somehow turned in a dream, saying, "Teacher, hide me under the iron overcoat!". The young man then calculate that the gate of the old cemetery to the grave of the author of "The Master and Margarita" only seventy steps. It is the grave of Mikhail Bulgakov was looking at a spring day a young man. Found and upset: no flower. The young man returned to the gate, flower shop. Brought, put flowers, stood a little and was about to leave when he heard a soft voice: "Young man, wait." He looked around and saw an old lady. She got up from the bench, standing a little further along the path, and went out to meet him, "Excuse me, what's your name? I really need your home address and telephone number. " "Why do you?" - Troubled young man. "Now I'm not going to explain anything. Believe me, I really need your home address. You are not threatened, "- said the stranger. The young man introduced himself: "Vladimir Nevel, a journalist from Leningrad." Lady recorded surname, first name, Leningrad address, telephone and thanked him and went to the door. A young man stood and was lost in conjectures: what does it all mean? "Mystery of some sort. Hell, "- he thought.
Returned to Leningrad. On the meeting with a stranger he soon forgot. But two weeks later at his home address came from Moscow postal order. Nevel came to the post office, got the money. Terribly surprised by the amount - the money was great. "Who do they?" - The young man again was lost in conjectures. Turned the postal order form: in the section "written communication" word ... a day or two in Leningrad apartment phone rang: "Since you said Elena Bulgakov ..." Vladimir Nevelsky phoned his wife and other writers who were with him all the latest years. "You got the translation? - Asked Elena. - Yes, I sent him, fulfilling the will of the deceased Bulgakov. He was a great joker's adversaries and. Even when ill suited jokes. " And Elena told Nevelsky an unusual testament Bulgakov ...
So, after 29 years, Elena performed the last will of Mikhail Bulgakov.
By this money grandson of Russian admiral and explorer Gennady Nevelskoy bought a boat and named it "Mikhail Bulgakov» ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting