Rogozin changed his mind to send missions to the Moon and Mars

Dmitry Rogozin. Photo: Gennadiy Gulyaev / "Kommersant» i>

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who oversees the military industrial complex and space, expressed doubts about the need for Russia to fly to the moon and Mars. "We say some experts, including from the Russian Space Agency - flew to the moon, let it develop. I used to like the idea myself. But now we need to calculate how much it will cost money. What are our real purpose on the moon, what is there minerals - it is necessary to consider the money we have now a little bit, and we're in a hostile environment ", - stated in the broadcast channel" Vesti-24 "Rogozin.

He also outlined plans related to Mars exploration. "Once again I say: let's assume. Here's NASA's Mars interested. Although I doubt it - well, they will fly back to prove that they can take astronauts to Mars. So what's next? And what specific problem we can solve on Mars - to think ", - concluded Deputy Prime Minister.

In April 2014 Rogozin called "Rossiyskaya Gazeta» three strategic challenges facing Russia in the space sector "expanding our presence in low-Earth orbits and the transition from development to use them; Mastering the subsequent colonization of the moon and near-moon space; preparation and the beginning of development of Mars and other objects in the solar system. " Were the words that our country is "destined to become a great space power." Then in June he, during a round table, which is part of the exhibition "The first Russian-Chinese Expo», reported Russia is ready to cooperate with China in exploration of Mars and the Moon. And I wrote that in early December for approval to the Government of the Russian Federation was sent quite a large-scale project to colonization of the Moon . Unfortunately, it seems that in light of recent economic developments expansion into space, apparently, has been postponed indefinitely.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/243597/

Tags

See also

New and interesting