Russian dumplings

Mesim dough
Per kilogram of flour take two cups of water and a teaspoon of salt. Knead the dough, but keep in mind that the flour for future reference.

Spray the flour on the table, cut the dough ball almost to the end and put a cut on the table and knead to flour merged with the dough. Repeat this operation until until the flour will remain on the table no longer sticking to the test. Now that you know how to interpret the phrase "flour as will».

The dough should be left to it "rested", but leave the dough on the table can not be in the clear.

Cover it with a bowl or wrap it in a package.

Choose meat for stuffing

Fans of authentic recipes reconstruction remember that the dumplings cook "necessarily of three kinds of meat", listing the beef, pork, lamb, and even exotics such as elk and bear meat.
I want to talk about something else: whatever meat you choose, be sure to cut it from the film and the core - it's much more important than the exact proportions withstand meats. Also note that the stuffing does not have excessive lean. That's why I added minced fat of tail, as a substitute for pork.

However, I do know that you can cook delicious dumplings, even from one type of meat. For example, as a child, I spied one good man garlic minced pork and I thought it was so delicious that no garlic ravioli me seemed heavy, tasteless and unappetizing.
The secret to juicy dumplings is to use a sufficient amount of onions and rich, bright flavor gives it fat.

Therefore, the fat mutton dumplings do not need almost nothing but onions.
But add to that absolutely "diet" turkey? After all, both fresh and dry, and boring looks the stuffing itself!
The answer to this question I will give later. And now will season the stuffing!

The choice of condiments

And you know what in the world Russia is on the use of spices per capita? Can you guess? But once loved - at least those who had the opportunity to cook with spices.
Now the situation has changed, and many say they do not want to spoil the taste of meat.
The taste of meat - a wonderful thing, why spoil it, in fact, impossible. But decorate - you can. But for this we must learn how to use colors, not to get the same beauty as on the face of a young and inexperienced girl after attempting to independently apply makeup.
Of course, you can use ready mixes.

But if the experience is enough, you can try to collect a bouquet of spices and dried herbs on their own.
It's a bit, believe me! Unit of measure - half a teaspoon per pound of meat on each ingredient, sometimes a little more. Smell - it should smell attractive.

Yes, personal taste - very important. Why change your own preferences in favor of someone stranger? For example, I like to add cumin lamb.

Therefore, the meat, where there is a lamb rump, I add a little cumin.
And that to me shouts, they say, in Russian dumplings should not be anything but a classic pair - salt and pepper? First of all, they must be tasty for someone who eats them!

Than spice turkey - the question is somewhat more complex than traditional meats. After all, even the onion does not fit well with the turkey. First of all, because the turkey will be ready much earlier onions, even if you skip the onions through a meat grinder. Turkey slightly peregotovish and even minced it becomes dry, grassy lump.
Therefore bow to ground turkey I fried in oil. So I do not just equalizes the cooking turkey and onion dumplings, but am making mincemeat at least some fat, albeit in the form of vegetable oil.

To decorate and flavor make these dumplings even easier, I add in the minced vegetables: carrots, bell pepper, and a little garlic and ginger - to taste.

In the company to garlic and ginger was asked pepper - a little can, in two to three times less salt.
Knead, cool.

Roll out the dough and sculpt

In my opinion, the easiest way to roll out the dough with a rolling pin into a long one large sheet and then cut out a glass or a glass of suitable size circles.

Only need to quickly sculpt - the dough dries out quickly with one hand and becomes sticky on the other.

There is another way: roll out dough sausage, cut it with a very shaybochki and each roll individually. In this case, the best fit fusiform rolling pin, roll the dough that allows so that the edges are thinner than the middle. But what if you roll the dough thicker and thinner edges do have fingers when we zaschipyvat dumplings?
By the way, about the size of ravioli. First of all, we must understand that dumpling should be placed in the mouth as a whole, as it is.
But on the other hand, the coarser the meat, the longer it should cook, the larger must be dumpling. And tests for large ravioli can be slightly thicker.
But for ravioli turkey, vegetable part where you can at least now there, and she turkey will be ready in a minute after the water boils, the dough should be much thinner.

Frost and store

Of course, it is possible to stick dumplings, boil once, and eat. What to pull something?
But dumplings fine, without prejudice to the taste, frozen, but because it's dumplings and noble blank for future use. But for frozen dumplings better to lay on the tree. A packed in containers and packages they need after they freeze tightly, otherwise they stick together.

Cook and serve

Firstly, when cooking frozen dumplings, the water in the pan to be a lot - so again it boils faster, since its temperature does not drop so much due to cold ravioli.

Once the water has boiled dumplings and will float on the surface of the cook should be two to four minutes.

Generally, dumplings, as beshbarmak are considered self-contained dish - broth and eat. If there is butter to grease the dumplings before serving - good!

But many people love dumplings served with sour cream and it is no coincidence, after all, the dough, and the leeks, and the meat itself - sweet food spectrum. They would like to add something sour.

Why not put on the table, in the company to ravioli, in addition to the traditional sour same sauerkraut? She decides to two questions - and set off dumplings taste better than cream, and organically balance the meal.

I have heard that many people "decorate" dumplings taste mayonnaise, ketchup, or a mixture thereof - the so-called "pink sauce».
I do not really understand why people do that? Maybe what they are buying ready-made dumplings, and even so nasty taste that just because they do not climb into the throat?
But I admit that some do not have enough brightness in the taste and the acidity of the same, as mentioned above. So I decided to put together a set of spices for boiling dumplings.
It consists of the dried herbs and spices that you see in the picture, but the chili there quite a bit on the tip of a knife, and red is dried and triturated tomatoes. Right of tomatoes and chili - roughly the ground coriander.

In boiling water, add the spices and a teaspoon of butter, which is necessary to ensure that it melted part of the flavors and aromas of spices and herbs. Yes, I have gathered in the kitchen bouillon cube - I just know what is in my food.

Then everything is simple: drop the dumplings, waiting for the rise, pokipyat couple of minutes and on the table!

But I will not add too much water infusion of spices and herbs in a bowl - add as much as is sufficient for taste and aroma. Want put beside sour cream, black pepper, but marinated tomatoes and cucumbers - a wonderful accompaniment to dumplings!

When I spoke of bouillon cubes and the previous filing, surely, many think of this meat broth.
And why not?
While the broth is heated, I will add to it a few circles of carrot, bell pepper, bay leaf, a few peas allspice and clove bud one. The rest of the vegetables, like broccoli, bell pepper couple rings, celery and leek I will add to the broth along with dumplings - and vegetables and dumplings will be ready at the same time.

If dumplings after modeling were too much powdered with flour, then maybe they should dip into boiling water for a minute, and only then cook a little longer in the broth to keep it transparent and does not get in the pudding ravioli.

However, if the dough is sufficiently tight, then the sheeting was not necessary podpylyat flour and, accordingly, can be boiled dumplings directly broth.

If someone has a question, but what are the dumplings myself relished, I answer everything, because above all to my taste variety, not frozen tightly standards. Kitchen only alive when it develops, both due to transformation under the influence of changing conditions and requirements, and at the expense of sound absorption and tasty ideas from the outside world.
Bon appetit!
PS Everyone is familiar with the version that came into Russian dumplings whether from China or from the Siberian peoples, whether from the Finno-Ugric tribes. But in fact, the dumplings in this classic form - a dish thing that neither is a Russian. And the tradition of cooking dumplings is the undisputed cultural intangible heritage. Ask the officials from the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation: What ears clap? Or business trip to Paris, Unesco - it unpleasant?

Announcement

And another time let's talk about another derivative beshbarmak - Ukrainian dumplings.
By the way, think until than, in addition to the form, different from dumplings dumplings? What is the fundamental difference between them when you can just say: here dumplings, but the dumplings?

--img40--

Tags

See also

New and interesting