Failed coup Lev Rokhlin

-I Themselves, and not to conspire, to be honest. I thought all the "pros". And who could be against that? In the Kremlin Regiment, damn it, right through the Spasskaya tower with two suitcases full of gates, persya, barely closed - first, from those suitcases! - Retired Colonel Nikolai Batalov jumps up from his chair, throws aside his paws, and understand: suitcases were really great, and the gate they really had a lot. A Kremlin regiment they needed because they carbines without gates, not fighting.
Batalov now works as director of "general issues" one of the chemical plants in the Volgograd region. And at that time was first deputy commander of the 8th Army Corps, and later headed the regional office of the Movement in Support of the Army. And was admitted to almost all the details of the plan to seize power. Talk about it, he can quite freely, because no criminal case on the events not opened officially conspiracy as it was not. And that he sneaked into their suitcases through the Spassky Tower, already does the investigator is not interesting.
- And, behold, I have these bags gates, and another bunch of fellow patrons - continues to battle. - Gone, left. Prepared ... And we were done for suckers! Conspirators, we have none. On this and get stung.
- By the time of the Rokhlin and his closest associates were installed total surveillance and listening - is beyond doubt. That is, everyone knew that he was preparing ... - former commander of the Airborne Forces, General Vladislav Achalov, interviews with whom we have written just a few weeks before his sudden death.

Lev Rokhlin
Rebellious General
Lev Rokhlin really prepared military coup. It was, perhaps, the only post-Soviet history of the precedent that could be called "real military conspiracy." And more broadly, then in Russian history after the Decembrist uprising. After all, in the past since two centuries in all revolutions, coups, mutinies army if and played a role, it was the role of extras.
Lieutenant-General and the deputy of the State Duma Lev Rokhlin, who refused at the time of the title of Hero of Russia for the "civil war in Chechnya", developed in 1997-1998 so violent opposition activities that scared that both the Kremlin and other oppositionists. "We are budgeting these Rokhlin!" - Threw in the hearts of Boris Yeltsin, and deputies from the Communist Party contributed to the displacement of a rebel from the post of head of the parliamentary committee on defense.

In the State Duma a fighting general, stormed Grozny during the first Chechen campaign, was on the list of quite officious movement "Our Home - Russia". But quickly broke with the weak party in power in the views (chapter PDR Chernomyrdin Rokhlin among his colleagues was referred to as a "spider"), left the faction and create a movement in support of the army, defense industry and military science (DPA).
The organizing committee of the movement included former Defense Minister Igor Rodionov, the former commander of the Airborne Forces Vladislav Achalov, the former head of the KGB, Vladimir Kryuchkov, and a number of no less notable retirees, have a noticeable influence and connections among the security forces.
Then there were trips to the regions, personal aircraft, helpfully provided by one of the leaders of the military-industrial complex, the meeting with the governors, packed to overflowing halls in major cities and the most remote military garrisons.
- I Rokhlin was a few trips - in Kazan, elsewhere - recalled General Achalov - heard speeches, saw how it is perceived. He expressed himself very hard. Hear today from a federal deputy unthinkable. And it was then afraid - not only the Kremlin, but the Communist Party, the Liberal Democratic Party ...
- There were times that we were going to a very narrow range at his country house, we had just five or six people - continued Achalov. - Of course, initially had no plans to armed seizure of power, armed insurrection. But then life situation pushed to it. Because reshuffle in the state gathered momentum, growing catastrophically fast. Do you remember 1998? In the spring of Prime Minister Kiriyenko was a boy, and in August there was a default. So imagine what would happen if the Rokhlin killed in July. Option to attract army was not excluded.
About any additional details Achalov tell he did not. Dropped, however, that Rokhlin "in all matters could rely on the Volgograd 8th Corps." This corps was commanded Rokhlin 1993. With him it was "the first Chechen." And even when he became a member, he paid a very special attention: regularly met with the officers, who personally oversaw the questions and re-equip the body, turning it into one of the most capable connections.
- Two years after the death of Rokhlin I spoke with the officers of the Volgograd body, they gave me something to tell, and, based on these stories, there really could get something - assures us and head of the "Union of Officers" Stanislav Terekhov, too once part of the environment Rokhlin.

Plan d'état: the army
- Detail, so you want - thoughtfully looks at me, Colonel Batalov.
Early morning, we sit at the bar of the hotel in Volgograd. I emphasized the fact that it took almost fifteen years, all statutes of limitations came out, and many can talk openly. Finally Colonel agrees:
- Okay. How did this event is planned? They wanted to seize power by force. Power! That's even talk was not about some sort of "protest activities." This is so serious. Right here, in the center of Volgograd, the square of the Fallen Fighters and Renaissance Square, planned to bring the body force.
- Just as the Decembrists to the Senate? - Says I.
- Right. But Yeltsin had here the forces that were in St. Petersburg Nicholas I, the rebels shot with buckshot. In addition to housing are generally no effort was not. Well, the brigade of internal troops in Kalach. Another convoy battalion. And stop us if we really came out, it would be no one.
- What's next?
- After the speech, the body alert occurs in other parts of the army. We would support in a variety of places. The whole scheme, I do not know. Speak for what I know. Here Kremlin Regiment, a regiment of protection, he was half: Command part of Rokhlin, and some - for the president. This regiment could not stop us, even though we came straight to the Kremlin. Chief alternate command post of the armed forces was just purchased - gave money who should be a good grandmother, and he says: "All this time will disarm. I'll go, and here's relationship with the world. " And with the country - there is nothing to say, with all the army structures. We have two transport aircraft, for example, the Pacific Fleet were, Marines, two battalions, two or three days at the airport lived.
- Why? To fly to Moscow?
- Yes I Do! And the same goes for the Black Sea Fleet. In Sevastopol, stood in readiness brigade of marines. Naturally, the Ryazan Higher Airborne School. Cadets training was canceled. They are somewhere in the ranges were, but to a certain point, they were returned to Ryazan. Because Ryazan - a hundred kilometers from Moscow. The school was one hundred percent behind us. And the agreement was with the leadership of Taman and Kantemirovsky divisions that they at least did not oppose us.

Plan coup: the citizen
- It was a Mighty systematic project, which meets all the requirements of what science is called "Systems Engineering projects" - sums scientific basis for the failed coup former adviser Rokhlin Peter Hamsters. - There is a classic work on the subject. The same Jenkins. The core of the project, in this case - it's military actions of the army. And among implementation - mass protests, information campaigns, political support on the ground, economic support. And even outside support. Based on this, we analyzed the trade flows in the capital. Availability of powerful, active strike committees in communities along these routes. It was planned that before the performance Army strikers allegedly spontaneously overlapping routes, which were delivered to Moscow some products, the lack of which would cause social tensions. For example, cigarettes. The absence of smokes heated up to the situation in Moscow, would go growth of negative sentiment.
- And how you knew all these routes?
- Yes, from the Moscow mayor's office! Luzhkov was a direct participant in the project Rokhlin. By the way, on the day of the assassination of General at 11 am was scheduled to meet Rokhlin Luzhkov and to clarify some details. Moscow media team Luzhkov would be accused of tobacco crisis Kremlin.
Team Rokhlin Hamsters responsible for the development of mechanisms of social and economic support for military actions. At the same time was a political columnist RIA "Novosti", and even a doctor of technical sciences, professor at the Institute for Systems Analysis. "PP" found it in Georgia in 2006, he joined the Russian dwarf ultra-nationalist organization "Northern brotherhood", and after the head of the "Brotherhood" Anton Mukhacheva arrested, fled to Ukraine, where he asked for political asylum, and then - in Georgia.
In parallel with the creation of a trade deficit planned mass protests.
- Everything was painted. Who from what region is responsible for what, after arriving in Moscow. Bridges, railway stations, telegraph. Paralyze the work of the unit is simple - says Nikolai Batalov. - Ten people came and turned off the substation - that's all there is no connection. And the rest of the same. Came on television announced: "Yeltsin overthrown, sent into retirement - this is his renunciation." And what? He soldering iron in there ... - he would have just signed a recantation. A putsch - assholes, pardon the expression, which shook and did not know what they want. We somehow knew exactly what we want and what to do. Thousand fifteen - twenty people in one day in Moscow would come only from Volgograd. That would be enough to paralyze the activities of all government institutions. Personally, I had to bring a half thousand. I have already been painted, Who trains, buses anyone.
- And how it was money?
- Rokhlin gave. So once said: "At 24 thousand dollars - for the costs associated with the nomination of the people." Although many have benefited from a pure heart. For example, the head of the train depot, when I came to him to ask for help - to smuggle people in Moscow, - says: "A couple of cars to pick up a passenger train, you will fill back to the people." Buses were, refrigerators with food. Director of one of the plants I said, "Here stands connected refrigerator, fully packed canned meat. That's all from my factory, all bought. Second refrigerator - the food is different to you. " And, for example, the mayor of the Volga said: "Dame forty buses." Well, it has not turned forty - somewhere about fifteen buses he had to give. Yevgeny Ishchenko we at one time was the mayor, and then put him under false pretenses. In 1998 I met with him, said: "We need a little help - people change out the same." He bought with his own money, I do not know, five thousand sets of uniforms. I traveled by car - I have eight, Lada - conducted reconnaissance of the route: where to stand, where to refuel. On the way, looked where refueling, tank farm. Even prepared with special receipts - that when we take power, money refund - as much as diesel fuel poured ...
Where financial support was Lev Rokhlin? Apparently, really close to him from the military-industrial complex, which suffered from the collapse then the state defense order.
- Rokhlin had a very clear program to support manufacturing business, the development of which was attended by me and my colleagues at the Institute for Systems Analysis - I actively consulted with them - says Peter Hamsters. - So business-production workers and strongly supported the general secretly helped him. Thus, most of the period of strikes organized themselves, of course, not advertising it, and agreed with the general time and place of these strikes. At the May holidays in 1998 was a series of performances under the flags of the Movement in Support of the Army. It was also probing the army environment - as support activities operating officers of different parts, as it relates to the command of those parts. Everything was checked. As a result, the march on Moscow army units would be politically triumphant. And every regiment-nominated in Moscow turned to the division with the support columns are literally hundreds of thousands of strikers.
External support should come from the West. Of course, not from NATO and from Alexander Lukashenko.
- I have not participated in the organization of this event, but from the other team members know that there was a secret meeting of General Rokhlin and Lukashenko in the forest on the border with Belarus, - says Hamsters. - You know, I wonder: when Lukashenko gave a press conference in RIA "Novosti" and walked into the hall, Rokhlin was standing in the aisle, passing Lukashenka. They did not greet. But such exchanged meaningful glances! It was clear only for themselves and for those who have been in the subject and stood beside him. Then, when some stubborn journalists said they greeted each other, the general smiled and said, "What are you ?! We are not familiar with. We stood two meters away from each other, and not a word to each other did not say ».

Unsuccessful rehearsal
The first attempt at speech was scheduled for the twentieth of June. Lev Rokhlin then once again came to Volgograd.
- After the bath-house, we discussed this whole thing in the morning commanders had left, and four in the morning here buzzed all: we blockaded the brigade of internal troops. The one from Kalach - says Nikolai Batalov. - I have to Leo Jakovlevichu rush, I say, "So and so, what to do? We have covered. " But they did not know where the command post. KP is already out in the field, twenty vehicles, communications and everything else. Rokhlin said: "Let's all in the original return. And I'm going to Moscow. Nothing happens - povyazhut all. " The event had to be postponed. Two weeks later he had not lived ... I Eight - planted Leo Jakovljevic and drove to Moscow, right up to the State Duma. He had at the meeting and there says: "Nothing, they say, do not know." While he was alive, we have covered. And then I was summoned to the FSB. But I post zamkomandira body by the time gone and only the separation of DPA headed. A poshugali officers. Someone once fired, someone moved. I was allowed to listen to our conversation in this bath.
- You wrote?
- Yes I Am. All of them are generally known. That's when Rokhlin in the steam room directly with someone talking - these records they did not have. We went there one by one. Hot - the equipment, apparently, did not work. And in the hall they heard ...
After the incident, the glorified body disbanded. Just defiantly as his officers were going to threaten the capital. The Museum Battle of Stalingrad, we could not find the flag corps, originally put up there. It turned out that his request to Moscow, the Central Museum of the Armed Forces, and passed as a token to the archive. To nothing about the case in Volgograd not reminded.
- I Kazantsev (Viktor Kazantsev, while the commander of the North Caucasian Military District. - "PP") then personally said "the coup, you have me serve you will not, go to the Trans-Baikal region," - says the former head of communications 8th housing Viktor Nikiforov.
He is one of those suspected of involvement in the preparation of the revolt. Although he Nikiforov is now denied.
- Arrives somehow Lev here, they staged as usual gatherings officer - he says. - Drunk. I was not there, unfortunately. And then hotheads began: "Yes there Moscow, we crush it, the people will rise!" Fighting mood after Chechnya. And there was a careless statement Rokhlin that "all divisions with us, and aviation support." People are just sitting at the table in the kitchen, drinking. And the guys from the KGB-FSB listen to them. And Rokhlin then remarked: "We all have Nikiforov, his warehouses and equipment." And I have a really good zonal equipment, workshop, warehouse. Not to Moscow to take, and to protect the homeland. I was at that meeting was not! Still, the FSB dragged, and a year from the army turn out. Just because my name once Rokhlin said.
Victor Nikiforov words can be interpreted in different ways. You can find that he is still involved in the conspiracy, but even now, after 13 years, is afraid to admit it. And you can believe it, and then it turns out that General Rokhlin did not fully understand, whose support he has, and someone - no, and became a hostage of his own inner circle, who assured him that the army of his actions support unconditionally. In any case, the chances of the conspirators have not submitted such obvious.
- Unfortunately, Rokhlin put himself - as an inexperienced politician. Let's just say a few straightforward - says the leader of the "Union of Officers" Stanislav Terekhov. - I too straightforward, but I feel where there is a traitor, that's a gut feeling. Nobody.

Tags

See also

New and interesting