Drawings on the snow: each step can be a piece of art

Although the figure is not particularly sophisticated, dominant patterns look very elegant and organically. Especially impressive are its dimensions when it is possible to compare with standing on the shore of the lake houses. The project "Snow patterns on Lake Katamaunt" took three days, from Friday to Sunday. 60 volunteers from the local communities in good faith trampled spiral patterns, sinking to his knees in heavy snow. From the earth to see the results of the work is difficult, given the scale of the drawing, so Sonia Hinrichs realized the next morning over a lake on an airplane. During the flight, the artist has made stunning pictures, which tracks in the snow seemed to turn into delicate elegant embroidery stitches.

Sonia herself Hinrichs talks about his work as follows: "For me it is important that project participants saw nature in a new way when they helped me to turn them familiar snowy landscape in the art object. And I hope that the aerial photographs that I took off immediately after the end of our work, to help the audience understand the changes in their perception of nature. I wanted people admire the art, see also the beauty and magic of nature. For me, this is extremely important, especially at a time when modern society, living in the cities, becomes monstrously removed from the natural world. ยป

Tags

See also

New and interesting