Singer Yuri Antonov asked the Prosecutor General to prosecute Apple for copyright infringement

Known to many singer and composer Yuri Antonov applied to the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation. In a statement the author and performer asks to prosecute Apple for the illegal sale of their songs in iTunes.

According to Antonov, he did not give exclusive rights to use their works corporation that is required in such cases. Therefore Antonov going redress for copyright infringement (and probably non-pecuniary damage), as well as an apology from the corporation.

"Only in the online iTunes store is available for download 90 songs, the author of music and words to which I am. Exclusive rights of reproduction, distribution and other uses of my works iTunes online store, and of Apple Inc. I have not been transferred, "- said in a statement to the Prosecutor General of the singer.

This singer is planning to request the maximum amount of compensation, which is 5 million rubles for the composition. Since the iTunes sold 90 works of the singer, the total amount of compensation can make 450 million rubles.

Interestingly, the compensation for the violation of the rights of the author will require the assistance of the Russian Authors' Society (RAO). It is in this organization singer wrote a letter asking to protect their interests.

Representatives of the organization asked for comments in iTunes, where they received an interesting explanation of the situation. "We were told that the music store Antonov has been provided by a third party - content providers - Routenote / Insomnia Ltd. and Believe SAS /. Back and paid money as royalties on sales of products owned by Yuri Antonov. Thus, the company received Believe SAS for all time placement fee album of 41 rubles 40 kopecks, the company RouteNote Ltd - 1, $ 24, "- says CEO of RAO Sergei Fedotov.

Now iTunes songs artist does not show up in searches.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/242018/

Tags

See also

New and interesting