Parse RC paper airplane PowerUP 3.0 for parts

Probably many have heard or even played since PowerUp 3.0 - set, allows you to turn almost any paper airplane (we all did such a child) in a controlled phone gadget.

The author of the project is a pilot with 25 years of experience, who managed to gather a team of experts, and then get on Kickstarter a million dollars instead of the requested 50 thousand. Browse this kit published yet Habré , here and published material with comments and advice of those who have tested the device in . Today I want to show that there had airplane inside - or rather, what constitutes an electronic "filling" (careful, a lot of photos).

The only thing to remember from the previous materials, it is a way to bring the device into an operational view. It's simple:

1. Make a Paper Airplane (author of the project included with the kit even instructions on how to fold different airplanes);
2. Attach the module with special clamps to the axis of the aircraft;
3. Install and run a special application for smartphone (free);
4. Launch a paper airplane hand and begin to control your fighter / attack aircraft, by simply tilting the smartphone.

Well, now - Unboxing and demolition, an electronics with comments.

As such, the airplane arrived at the office i>

Top view i>

And this is without packaging and without cover i>

Now the front i>

The control module, carboxylic basis and propeller i>

The control module with a clip that attaches to the paper i>

Mounted here in this way i>

Well, assembled airplane logo Medgadgets, where do without it:) i>

Smart-module clamp i>

microUSB connector for charging smart module. Next to the connector is black switch (latch) for power on and off i>

Smart module unassembled. Body + battery + control board

1. Left - Bluetooth Smart CC2541 www.ti.com/product/cc2541 (left).
2. In the middle - antenna.
3. On the right - the power switch (on / off).
4. At the bottom - an ultra miniature high-stability crystal in a ceramic surface mount abracon.com/Resonators/ABM8X.pdf ). Most likely need to control the frequency. I>

Bluetooth Smart CC2541 i>

Left - jack microUSB
The black wire (-) - cathode. Goes to & quot; - & quot; battery.
The red wire (+) - anode goes to the & quot; + & quot; Battery i>

Left 3 items marked «EBC», most likely the voltage regulators. Slightly to the right of them soldered wires that go through the carbon skeleton to the tail airplane i>

The battery with a nominal voltage of 3.7 V. The capacity of 75 mAh i>

The tail of the airplane. The control board screw (propeller), automatic traction for rotation of the rotor and control the accuracy of flight i>

Place of wires coming out of the carbon frame i>

Actually, that's all the demolition, as we see, in not so many things. Assembled control module and the whole set as a whole is well. Nothing is loose, do not fall off. By experience, the control module withstands well ooooochen lot of punches on the ground. So far, the experimental airplane that has passed through the hands of many people who want to play with him, not broken. This is good :)

This is how it works i>

A little drawings i>

Manage produced from a smartphone, for a normal run, you must work out i>

Power Up 3.0 captures a long time, and it is clear why - because here the combination of childhood, ever airplanes that allowed all of us, and the most advanced technology, albeit not the most difficult. Yes, and the smartphone is involved. In general, what the doctor ordered for entertainment before the office or in the park with the kids (it is possible with older children, they like more).

Author already produces kits and radio-controlled to create a paper boat, as well as different patterns of aircraft. In principle, the templates are not needed, it works, if you make an ordinary airplane of the most common heavy paper.

Source: geektimes.ru/company/medgadgets/blog/242004/

Tags

See also

New and interesting