The Japanese built the underwater city of 5 thousand inhabitants for $ 26 billion

While Obayashi Corporation with the speaker called plans to build a space elevator up to 2050 , Shimizu, also from Japan, wants to debit depths of the sea: it < a href = "http://www.shimz.co.jp/theme/dream/oceanspiral.html"> promises to build an underwater city. The company introduced the project drawings and will be engaged in the exploration and development of technologies necessary for him.

About 70% of the Earth's surface is covered by ocean, having a great potential for the development of mankind. Unused depth can populate the people who will be engaged in business and research, to develop the technology. Underwater cities to help cope with rising sea levels and the lack of territories.

Drawing on the Japanese.

The main "building" will be the scope of a diameter of 500 meters, in part out of the water show. This is the main entrance to the city. There will be located apartments, hotels and offices. Employees of the companies will be able to live right next to the work. Inside is an atrium, dubbed Blue Garden. Company among the main positive features of the project lists three:
- Good climate, minimal changes in temperature.
- Safety: No earthquakes and hurricanes.
- No air pollution.

Blue Garden - a great place to walk in deep water. If you do not have claustrophobia and hydrophobia. In addition, Blue Garden should be a business center and a major transportation hub.

Infra-helix will help supply the city with electricity by using the temperature difference between the water at different depths, engage in water desalination, food production and environmental monitoring.

Lower Town is fastened on the bottom. This module is a research center.

How will build a sphere? H4> The diameter of the spheres - 500 meters. Will take into account the water pressure and choose the most suitable materials. As long as you plan to use concrete, reinforced with a special material from spent their plastic bottles. Triangles with an edge of 50 meters will be glazed with acrylic. Will also have to protect the outer surface of the plants.

Scope will be built in part on the surface of the water. Will adjust the depth by means of three smaller spheres filled with ballast.

The project has reminded me about another underwater city. But there it was much sadder.

You could live underwater?

No, I have claustrophobia!
No, I have hydrophobia!
No, I have a phobia of everything new!
Of course yes!
Yes, of course! But not for long. Only registered users can vote in polls. Sign , please. 1080 people voted. Excused 206 people.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/241820/

Tags

See also

New and interesting