Here's what you Novgorod

Hello everyone! This time we go to Novgorod. One of the most ancient cities, once it is here conceived of Russian statehood. It was in Novgorod the Great, as the chronicles tell, was called Rurik to rule. Not so long ago, the city celebrated its 1150th anniversary. Lot, is not it?
The city is really magnificent and iconic in all respects, that's why I want to get to know him better.

Leaving at 5 am from St. Petersburg, we purposefully moved to the target. We pretty hurry, because they were afraid not to catch the sunrise in the city. It was a time when you can make the most beautiful photos.

Somewhere in 8.30 we already parked and ran rather to Novgorod Kremlin to take a few photos in the rays of the rising sun.
The weather was great - light frost, about -5 degrees, but no wind. The sky was clear, I would, of course, at least a couple of clouds, but it was still good.

Within an hour we were running around the Kremlin, taking photos, do not want to miss a single moment. Since these pictures were born.

Then the sun rose higher, and we calmly went to inspect the Kremlin itself. It is the center of Veliky Novgorod, he just smells of history.
The first thing we saw was a monument to the 1150th anniversary of the birth of Russian statehood. He tells about the ancient history of the whole people, conveys the power of Russia. This huge array of steel and stone simply attracts makes get it again and again.

Monument to the majestic and beautiful. By the like can be treated differently, admire or detest - everyone's business. But, despite this, it is impossible not to feel the power that comes from it.
Monument to the 1150th anniversary of Russian statehood can be considered neither an hour circling around the Earth around the sun, but it's worth it.

Saint Sophia Cathedral - is the oldest church in Russia, built by the Slavs. Makovytsya cathedral chapters are in the form of ancient helmets.

On the west portal of Magdeburg mounted gates. Previously, it was the main entrance to the cathedral, now open them only on major holidays.
There are several theories about the origin of the gate. I like the one that tells us that the goal - a trophy of Novgorod, who went to the Swedish capital Sigtuna.

Legend of pigeon
At the central dome of St. Sophia Cathedral can be seen sitting dove. According to legend, when in 1570 Ivan the Terrible to punish the inhabitants of the city, the dove sat down to rest on the cross and petrified with horror that he saw. Since then it is believed that while the pigeon was there, the city is not in danger.
During World War II, the cathedral was badly damaged, and the cross was removed from Veliky Novgorod Spanish corps who fought on the German side. In 2004, as a result of negotiations with the Spanish crown cross was returned to Novgorod.
The original Dove and Cross are inside the cathedral, but the fact that crowns it now - this is a copy.

Alas, the inside of the cathedral was forbidden to photograph. Despite the fact that behind this nobody watched, I decided to respect the rules and do not disturb the worshipers. They, incidentally was a lot. A very large number of citizens, young and old came to the Cathedral of St. Sophia at the morning service.

Belfry of St. Sophia Cathedral is located next to it. From time to time play the bells - very nice. There is an observation deck at the top. Also near the route begins on the walls of the Novgorod Kremlin.

View from the bell tower and the walls of the Kremlin opens so so. Really can not see anything, but just wander around there very nicely. By the way, tickets to the bell tower and the walls are different, but you can buy a single.

Generally, the Novgorod Kremlin is a whole cluster of various interest, here everyone can find a place of interest.
It was funny to watch as little kids with parents threw coins into the eternal fire.

Speaking of Veliky Novgorod can not mention his church. The city abounds with them, the concentration of churches per square meter just rolls. But it's a different story, and each of the churches can be studied separately.
I also want to tell you about the atmosphere in the city. Very nice and friendly people. Anyway shops and cafes were all happy and cheerful. The city is just nice and spend time.

We are in a golden autumn. A lot of leaves, trees are just marvelous.

But the views of the Kremlin from the other side.

Another interesting place in Veliky Novgorod - a monument to the victory of Catherine Hill. This memorial complex "To the Heroes of liberators Novgorod».

Further out of town to see Rurik settlement. On the way there will be another memorial.

There's also worth and the famous T-34-85. Long ago I wrote nothing in his column "Tanks Victory."
In fact, for a long time I want to write about is the T-34-85, but I can not find a suitable monument to take photos of it for this column.

Further towards the Mounds find another interesting church. This is the Church of the Savior on Kovalev. Built in the XIV century. Outside it looks very colorful, sorry we did not get inside, just missed by 1 hour.

--img28--

The church is open from 11.00 to 16.00, except for Thursday and Friday. From October 1 to April 1 to 14.00.
Probably have to come again.

--img29--

And it supports a railway-bridge, which was being built before the revolution. This last point before Rurik settlement.

--img30--

Now, the Mounds is a dilapidated church and, of course, the Prince's Stone. The place is fun, well-maintained, with excellent views of the coast of the river and the opposite bank, where there is another church.

--img31--

So the church looks inside, reinforced construction that collapsed.

--img32--

On this our stay in Novgorod came to an end, it is time to return to St. Petersburg. But we enjoyed it so much in this small town, we decided to definitely go back, but in the warmer months.
Thank you for your attention!

--img33--

Source: barlophotos.blogspot.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting