Intel has changed the rules of the game. Henceforth the names of processors will not say absolutely nothing

For many, the name of the processor could give at least approximate the performance data buy computers. In some cases might be considerable differences in the speed and time for different models, usually in the range of 5-15%, more rarely. Now, the difference can be at times.

If you're wondering why - welcome under the cut.

All the fault of the new processors core 5th generation, codenamed - Broadwell. Their thickness may be in the range of from 2 to 6 watts and this value can be set not only intel, but finite collectors. And they will use it for their own purposes.

What does this mean? This means that manufacturers such as HP, Acer, Asus and others will take the model with large rooms and high peak frequency and exhibit minimal power. The result can be obtained so that the peak frequency processors will reach only at the micro or even picoseconds and, of course, that it is for a single core, the other core will be completely turned off. It is clear that from such meager CPU time will not be much use, but in fact this processor will work as a model with a small number.

Something similar is happening when the core i3 is faster i7 in some models. And if now you can still understand something in frequencies and letters at the end of the model (Y, U, K), then for Broadwell, which will be labeled as core M understand it will be quite impossible.

The only way to understand what is before us now - it's test scores. And no synthetics, and these tests on a daily program to not work, as on Android with renowned companies which due to the profiles received high test scores. Those models then disqualified when they learned that they were cheated.

Who benefits? Of course, the garbage. Now they can put a label, but the fact of selling completely different ... So Intel has changed the rules of the game.

By the way, Intel's graphics chipset is marked very strange way. Say, model 5300 4400 and 4600 is slower and much slower 5200.

P.S. From myself I want to add that these processors are very interesting. In tests, they are 2.5-3 times overtake the current fastest Atom, which in turn outperforms the best processors ARM. It is understood that the tests were on high power. But the most interesting, what kind of performance will be in the finished solutions?

Source: geektimes.ru/post/240862/

Tags

See also

New and interesting