"New poor"

Please do not break. When I finish I will say "End».

Why "at the bottom" were working Russians?

Below the poverty line in Russia were not only single pensioners, disabled people - a lot of the poor and the young, healthy and working. "AIF" to understand the reasons.

Continued under the cut ...

300 thousand. Russians this year have stepped out of poverty, says Rosstat. All of the country's nearly 20 million today. Experts argue that a poor man can be called every third inhabitant of Russia. Rosstat has measured the poverty line in 7915 rubles. monthly per capita income. But sociologists say, even if the per capita income in 1, 5-2 times higher than the subsistence minimum, this man too poor.

Rich old

Institute of Sociology, Russian Academy of Sciences conducted among Russians study on poverty and brought three of its main features - the inability to provide adequate food, unavailability of medical care paid, even when it is vital that poor housing conditions. "I am a teacher of biology at school, my husband works at a local glass factory, - writes in the mail" AIF "S. Kartashov of the Stavropol Territory. - His salary is 17 thousand. Rubles. considered by local standards is very good. I make all allowances 13-15 thousand. The eldest son is studying at a military academy, completely on gosobespechenii. Has a daughter, a schoolgirl. Her favorite food - sausages, but buy them only once a week, often can not afford. Husband meat pet once a month, just after payday. And because the main food - potato and pasta. My garden is not, if someone treat vegetables and fruits, we are happy, and in the market or in the supermarket do not buy - expensive. Recently found a student for additional classes - will pay a loan that would take to buy my daughter a mobile phone: everyone has and she wanted. I would have more students took, but few parents can afford it ».

Such a life is the norm for many. And retired due to indexation of allowances and the poor are gradually turning into "rich": the poor are only 15%. But employees - more than 60%.

"My husband and I are thinking about a second child - wrote another reader. - Both with economic education, so figured out, what it will cost. Even maternity capital will not help - another child will drive our family into poverty. " The survey showed that among the poorest 14% - family with two children, more than 50% - with three or more. But the children interviewed cause of poverty is not named. Basic - long-term unemployment (41%), illness, disability (40%), meager benefits from the state (32%).

"Communal" ruined!

Why is the number of poor is growing, if the unemployment rate is low, the salary for a penny, but increases? "Communal" grows faster than wages, say sociologists, and save her no opportunity. Over 40% of spending on the "communal" more than a quarter of its modest budget, trimming because of this and because the cost of poor nutrition. Do not pay will not work - in Moscow, for example, bailiffs allowed to write off the public debt with the bank card debtors, in Vol. H. Of salary and pension. Poverty addictive. According to the survey, more than 80% of those whose poverty lasts for more than three years, become chronic poor. To get out of poverty, they can not, their children will not receive a good education. Poverty is transmitted from generation to generation. In this environment, usually blooms crime. "These people consider themselves to be thrown out of society and, therefore, free from the obligations in relation to it," - says Natalia Tikhonov, Research Professor, Chief Researcher, Institute of Sociology.

How can the government to fight poverty? It seems that we have benefits for children, the disabled, the poor. "But they're so miserable that the situation is not correct - sure Natalia Zubarevich, regional director of the Independent Institute for Social Policy. - It is necessary to pay attention to families with children, to introduce free meals at school, give educational preferences ».

"AIF" wrote about the family of Tatarstan, who lived in a miserable hut with four children, only the father worked for an additional 7 th. Rubles. per month (see. "AIF» № 51 of 2013). Eldest son once in the dead of winter kicked off the bus for not being able to pay the fare. From frostbite saved him indifferent woman passing by. And when she saw what poverty family lives, organized assistance. People have collected clothes for children, household appliances, and most importantly - give a chainsaw. Head of the family hovel repaired and now earns shabashki. The family was saved by ordinary people. Although the State would be worth little to do the same.

The End.
Proof

Tags

See also

New and interesting