The development of industrial robots in the automotive industry. Part 1

Since the invention of cars, people try to optimize all the processes in the production of cars. After all, the quicker and easier the car will be assembled and launched on the market, the faster the producer gets his dollar / ruble / Euro.
Robots are being introduced in production gradually and deliberately. They have a big advantage over anyone in the strength and constancy, can work 3 shifts without stopping for the weekend lunch break or holiday. What is very important for continuous production.

Welcome to a cat with a lot of pictures and videos.

Many have seen video about how two robots in different twist of the TV. Such robots are widely used on the assembly lines of cars.
At what stage the robot helps to quickly release the car off the assembly line? Today I would like to describe the first stage of production vehicles and participation in industrial robots.

STEP 1: assembly and welding of frame h4> The production process begins with the car manufacturing and assembly of the body. Virtually all of the other components of the vehicle is manufactured by suppliers and send them to the assembly line.
Factory all starts with stamping with their subsequent assembly, welding and gluing.

Stamping / fabrication of body parts h5>
People h6> All personnel on the task of forming a line is reduced to moving parts between presses, quality control, storage of finished products and the control of presses. Monotonous and dangerous work. Press produces strong vibrations, the person may not be able to remove his hand, falling outside the item may fall on your feet, etc. Develop the theme "how ubitsya industrial press" can be long.

(From 0:49)

Lines with automatic transmission parts h6> To reduce traumatic or personnel costs, factories began installing automatic lines in step stamping.
Task is quite simple, but because of the bulkiness of presses and miniature parts replacement initially realize people was difficult and cumbersome.

(2: 7)

Robots h6> When you clone the advantage of the robot is that it does not throw the workpiece, and very accurately put it. Time removes his hand, because synchronized with a stamp.

(From 1:22)

Assembly and welding h5>
 Welding - very dangerous and harmful to the health of the process, so it makes sense to put in place human robot that will keep exactly the weld and weld material overruns. At the factory assembly and welding zone is very limited and people do not have easy access to these areas.
At the stage of checking the quality of parts are people. Personally, I'm pleased with the fact that people do not yet possible.

People h6> Unfortunately, or rather fortunately at this stage, people have replaced long ago. I did not find a suitable picture. Found only for the assembly. As seen in the video, people were doing welding in many small steps to accelerate the process of manufacturing parts.

(From 1:47)

Devices and Robots h6> Robots doing their work in conjunction with devices that such con desired items, hold together the whole structure and welded push the car body. All such work is synchronized.

(From 0:12)

Production of components of carbon fiber h5> BMW recently launched the sale of automobiles series i3 and i8. Soon will be i1 and i5. Car Features that are partially or fully electrically and body are made of CFRP. Technology of production of such parts is new, so people generally perform process control and quality.

Custom manufacture of CFRP. I>

(From 4:20)

Skleka soldering and body i>

(From 0:11)

Conclusion:
What is development?
The most important thing is that the robots have long been put into production and improving all the time for different tasks. The robot can climb in enough (delicate) bottlenecks with a heavy load, it does not touch the trim and not hit your head.

p.s.
In the near future I would like to publish the subsequent stages of production cars where robots are involved:
STEP 2: Paint finish
STEP 3: INSTALLING windshield and rear window
STEP 4: SETTING THE DASHBOARD / final assembly AUTO

Source: geektimes.ru/post/240392/

Tags

See also

New and interesting