Automatic radio-electronic secretary, or ARS, or Arsik (1966)

Hi, Habr!

Boris Grishin, teacher Kaluga College of rail transport, in 1966 the country introduced the invention for which he spent about three years. Why would he do that? As is the case with the tablet for the elderly, which wrote Habré, the robot was created to help parents - mom inventor, who because of illness could not, for example, answer the phone or call the ambulance themselves on their own.

Maybe I know too little about those years, but I think it was something out of science fiction.

Warning, images - the traffic. i>

Abilities h4> The robot answered calls when the owner was not at home. It had a built-in cassette, which included the robot after a brief message for the caller on "no friends at home say I write." After a couple of minutes this APC wrote a message in the film and hang up. Yes, the tube he raised his hand, but not to the ear, but it could also bring a host and give up. The fact that there is a message, APC reported via illuminated eyes. If Boris walked briefly, Arsik could ask hang on line or call back at a certain time.

Also, a robot host wake at a certain time, for example via radio, then broadcast morning exercises. Remember the time of charging in, "Well, wait a minute?" The robot could greet guests and enable them to music, let you know when the master will return. Could turn and TV or radio. And pour soda.

There is another interesting feature of the robot: turning on and off lights. In addition, it maintains the temperature in the room, since the controllers are connected to radiators. It's a "smart house" sample 1960.

The telephone has been made so that the robot could dial the desired number.

dimensions and materials h4> The weight of the robot was about 100 kg - press down and not go up. Housing material - aluminum sheets. The surface of the body has a matte and polished some Mets. On the right side of the body was a table for your phone, on the left - a retractable table for bottles and mugs.

What is it made of? h4> The design is described в This article .

13 motor with mechanical drive transmission of the robot to move. The recorder uses a specially designed tape drive. The telephone is also built in a special way, as I mentioned above.

So stop the robot was built. By the way, his knees were too - they are made by a swivel. The direction of motion is changed by means of bearings in the foot.

Tape recorders were two ferromagnetic ribbons with a width of 6 and 18 mm. Typical tasks are read by a magnetic head, the stepping control signals, recorded on a broad ribbon. Narrow with phone information.

Left-handed robot poured lemonade.

Or other beverages, including alcoholic.

The modular design makes possible easy access to any element.

Mentions in magazines h4> Interview with the robot.

In 1967, one of the toughest in the competition of robots in the journal Technology Youth became Arsik.

Talkative robot - the beginning of the article about the APC.

Continuation of the article. This behavior of the robot was really possible?

The need for investment h4> Robotics now gone far ahead, however, such a robot helper none at home you will not see. Mobile and "smart" phones, laptops, computers, tablets, devices for the elderly like "buttons life" - this is more than enough, but no robots. But they could help, for example, the disabled and the elderly, if we select the most useful functions for a particular person.

Creating a full-fledged robot assistant will require large investments, although the most difficult, perhaps, is to combine the achievements of Russian designers, who sometimes show very interesting things with each other. We need to collect these achievements and use them for the one and only truly universal project.

The main thing - do not forget the three laws of robotics.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/238479/

Tags

See also

New and interesting