Why everyone should find their ikigay?

Researcher Dan Buettner, supported by National Geographic for five years doing research on the identification and study of special places on earth, which he called "blue zones". These are some areas where there is high concentration of centenarians. In the course of this work, scientists have tried to identify the patterns of power, culture and behaviors that enable local people to live much longer than in other countries.

One of these special places is on the small island of Okinawa. In Japan, even a fairly high percentage of centenarians, but their concentration on Okinawa exceeds all limits. The average life expectancy for men here is 88 years, women - 92 years. Yes, a local set of products consists mainly of fish, seafood, vegetables and fruits, yes, it is very common exercise and Eastern spiritual practices, but there is a very special phenomenon that distinguishes this area from the rest of Japan and the world. They call it ikigay (ikigai).

Once, in a small Japanese town dying woman. At some point she felt her soul leaves the body, rises up and stands before the spirits of ancestors. Loud voice asked, "Who are you?»
"I am the wife of the mayor" - she said.
"I do not ask who is your husband. Tell me who you are? »
"I am a mother of four children. I am a teacher at school ».
"Have I asked how many children do you have, or where you work?»
And so it went until, until she said, "I am the one who wakes up every day to help his family and teach children in school».
After that she returned to her body and the disease has receded.
She found her ikigay.

What is ikigay?
Japanese concept ikigay quite difficult to clearly translate into Russian, but some can be deciphered as "that which gives life meaning, what makes us wake up every morning with joy." In other words, ikigay - this oriental elegant and compact definition of your main interest of the case, which brings joy to your life.

Although the Japanese island of Okinawa have managed to make this concept is part of his philosophy, one can not say that ikigay completely unknown in the West. We do not just meet his followers, especially among those people who have managed to achieve a lot in my life.

We could hardly wait for morning to get to work again.
Wilbur Wright, the inventor of the airplane

Do only what you love most. This will definitely lead you to success!
Every morning I looked at myself in the mirror and ask: If today was the last day of my life, I'd like to do what I'm doing today? And if the answer for many days in a row was "no", then I need to change something.
Steve Jobs, head of Apple

- Pooh! When you wake up in the morning - finally said Piglet - what do you say to myself the first thing?
 - What's for breakfast? - Said Pooh. - And you, Piglet, you say?
 - I say, "I wonder what will happen today fun?" - Said Piglet.
Piglet, a piglet

Okay, Piglet and may not the greatest pig, but in the words of this character contains well defined ikigay. That zest for life, a desire to proceed immediately to the business and run it in the best way gives people a sense of self worth, a sense of satisfaction and meaning in life. The people who know their ikigay unfamiliar depression, they retain an optimistic attitude towards life and are not subject to destructive habits. Therefore, for every person who wants to live a long and meaningful life, so it is important to find a cause to get up in the mornings.

How to find your ikigay?
Opening its main business will require you to possibly significant investment of time and energy. You will have to adopt meaningful and important decision, and am very sorry that many people understand the need for it is too late. The sooner you start your search ikigay, the sooner you will start to feel the tranquility and satisfaction in their lives. Here are some questions the answers to which will help you in your search.

- Achievements. What achievements in your life do you consider the most valuable? Take a sheet of paper and write down their 2-3 things that you are really proud of. This can be a good starting point for finding your ikigay.
 - Knowledge. What your are your special skills and knowledge? What do you consider yourself an expert? What are you happy to talk, what topic to read literature? Which sites are visited most often in their free time?
 - Feeling. Work in the area in which you understand, is the key to career success. But if you want to find happiness, you have to do what you love. Your ikigay not too worried about your business success, if they are not backed up with joy in my heart. This is what you should pay attention in the first place.
 - Self-evaluation. Who do you see yourself in your dreams? You are a teacher, lawyer, mother, scientist, publisher, farmer? Perhaps this is your assessment of its future may become one lens that will help focus your efforts.
 - Personality. There is not the same people and different personalities fit completely different kinds of work. Knowing your personality type, you will understand why some classes bring you great pleasure, while others do not touch a single strings of your soul.

You can use the search ikigay and special maps that show that your main point is located at the intersection of what you most want and what is best obtained.

And to finish this article I want to quote another person about whom one can definitely say that he not only found his calling, and followed him all his life.

You've got to find what you love. And find your favorite work is as necessary as your loved one. The work will take a very large part of your life and the only way to get real job satisfaction - this makes it excellent realizing it. And the only way to do its job admirably - is to love her. If you have not yet found his favorite thing, keep looking. Do not stop searching until you find. Like everything else, what is the heart, you'll understand immediately that he had found what he sought. And like any great relationship, your dedication will grow over time. So, look, and not rest until you will not find.
Steve Jobs

Tags

See also

New and interesting